Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st time hit with depression my hubby

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Started the gym lastnite & for couple hrs I felt like I got my husband bk again, we actually enjoyed. come bedtime paranoia kicks in he kept asking me about this affair I kept repeating telling him it's not true, he like why is brain telling me that I said u need help maybe the doc can help on wed. I was up till 2am repeatedly being accused!

What has made him question you?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    What has made him question you?
    I don't know why he's questioning me all his therioes of me having affair don't make sense he reckons I've not been near him in past 2yrs? That's a lie he's like why would depression have me believe your having affair?? He's like I have tired and tired 2 get this out of my mind but my heart & mind say u have done it, so how can I get it out? He said if doc say tomz it's not depression we need 2!think about divorce wtf I have tired explaining my reason when there isant one all I do is cry

Have you suggested marriage counselling?
    Are you sure it isn't him trying to give you a way out of the relationship whilst he's poorly? Could it be that and it's all got a bit twisted?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Have you suggested marriage counselling?
    Are you sure it isn't him trying to give you a way out of the relationship whilst he's poorly? Could it be that and it's all got a bit twisted?
    I think his self esteem is very low to the point why he puts all this haterd towardS me all because of his mates. It's all denial

One event (as you've described) is unlikely to cause depression. Have there been many signs prior to that of any issues?
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    One event (as you've described) is unlikely to cause depression. Have there been many signs prior to that of any issues?
    I don't think so suzi (I sound like a crap wife I should know)

WOW! With friends like those. Depression is such a ugly illness Billie and it makes the person say or do things that they dont mean.
    I think when your husbands so called friends gave him a hard time it was then he started to act strange. He was probably struggling before that and that set it off. He is very insecure right now and accusing you of cheating is his way of lashing out and being mean to himself. You are doing the right thing by supporting hm and trying to be positive but you also need to get some professional help. I am so sorry that you are struggling with this. Is there a friend or a family member you can confined in to get a bit of support? Remember your husband is not thinking right and he really does not think you are cheating. He is feeling insecure and you need to get help. That is why it is important to go to the doctor. I hope things will get better but you need to get help.

I see a woman in the nightWith a baby in her hand Under an old street light Near a garbage can. Now she puts the kid away,
    and she's gone to get a hit She hates her life,
    and what she's done to it. There's one more kid that will never go to school Never get to fall in love,
    never get to be cool.

Hi Billie......sorry you're having a difficult time. Sadly with depression, it plasters you with 'negatives' in every shape and form...the illness thrives on negativity. The lashing out at the person you love, the denial and blaming others for things when there is no blame, is sometimes characteristic of depression too. However, I agree that professional help is needed, hopefully to confirm what the problem is. If it's depression, something can be done, so hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    I don't think so suzi (I sound like a crap wife I should know)
    Not at all Billie, people can hide mental health issues for a long time, even from those they love. I managed to keep how I was feeling from everyone who loved me for 11 years. I hope the dr can help. Will you let us know how it goes?
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

purplefan (28-06-17)