My boyfriend takes sertraline a few months ago his doseage was 50mg but now hes up to 100mg.sunmeras he has an imbalance of some hormones to do with happiness (forgive me that I don't know what it's actually called). He suffers with S.A.D too. This is the first time hes broken down like this in the summer. but for the past 2 weeks he's been really depressed. He keeps getting bad thoughts and just crying his heart out. I try and comfort him and although he does hug me and kiss me he won't really talk to me about anything to do with this.he calls his mum though she lives just outside of oxford and we're in Bristol. He says he's getting bad thoughts and feel meh or even dead inside. I try to tell him that his thoughts can't hurt him or that's all they are or I try and tell him what the future holds for us (such as we're going to have a loving family, getting married and things like that - he always hinted about these things when he wasn't depressed) to try and take his mind off things. He doesn't really eat a lot and spends a lot of time on bed and doesn't want to do anything. He spends hours on the computer / phone / laptop to try and take his mind off things. I completely understand why he's shut off but I just wish I can take it away for him or know what to do. Hes such a beautiful and loving person and always up for a laugh / making me lugh each and every day but now I feel like that person has gone a little and Id like to help him through this and to help change his life for better. He says he can't live like this anymore , can't go through it and today he broke down in my arms saying he wishes he wasn't born because of all this.

It breaks my heart to see him go through this.