Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ESA questionnaire.

I spoke to soon. I just received the letter for an assessment. I go on 22nd August. I am scared.

There isn't anything to be scared of, although laying the cards down about all the stuff you struggle with day to day to a complete stranger is about as horrible as it gets. Just be honest and give them a picture of how it is for you on your worst days. I made the mistake of sugar coating it once and it got me nowhere. Is there anyone who can go with you for support?
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Honeyflower (02-08-17)

Yeah my husband will go with me. I am not very good with communicating so it will be difficult.

Then tell him exactly how things are and ask for him to come in with you and answer or prompt you when you forget something or try to make it sound better than it really is - you will, everyone does.
    You can also ask for it to be recorded -but you have to phone now and ask as you have to use their recording equipment and they have to make sure that it is there.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Maybe your hubby can help by prompting you? Basically they will go through the form you completed and just ask you to elaborate a bit and a basic physical/mobility test if appropriate. As I say it's not easy bearing all to a complete stranger so make sure you keep the rest of the day free so you can take it easy or reward yourself with something nice for you.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

Yeah my hubby will speak for me too. I feel like crying. What if I get taken off it? I also have walking difficulties too, I use a walking stick, I have cerebellar ataxia as well as mental health problems.

If they refuse you, go to appeal. I can't imagine you having too much bother though. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Yeah I will, It says on the letter that if I have any reports to take them with me. I wonder if my psychiatrist or GP will do one for me?

You can ask.

Definitely ask
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn