Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: old TV shows.

Iam
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefan View Post
    cor, that brough back some memories. Patrick Mcgooan was a great TV actor his other show Prisoner was a cult classic but it was Danger man that was brilliant!. Was it lou Grade from ITV who produced the series?
    I think Lou Grade was involved in some way, and i agree Danger Man was much better than it's spin off Prisoner. Randall and Hopkirk is one of my all time favourite shows i could watch it over and over again.

It had such a great haunting theme. The American series is up on youtube it is called my partner my ghost. Not very good. I love those old show. What was the one that had the theme tune. In the avenues and ally ways?
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Iam
    It had such a great haunting theme. The American series is up on youtube it is called my partner my ghost. Not very good. I love those old show. What was the one that had the theme tune. In the avenues and ally ways?
    I think that was the Protectors with Robert Vaughn. there should be a channel dedicated to these old shows much better than some of the rubbish they show now. and they all had great theme tunes.

Iam
    Clearly I watched too much TV

I think one of the free views are showing a lot of old show from the 1960's. I always get the protectors and persuaders mixed up. I try not to use google all the time but that song was so great had to google it in the end.
    One of my all time favorite shows was Jason King.

it was so 1960's but i loved his style. LOL.

Honeyflower
    Dont remember that one iam. I do remember prisoner cell block H.
    The head woman used to stand by the press in the laundry. Bea i think her name was and
    vineger T**S The evil warden.
    The freak was worse than vinegar.

I have started watching this again after many years and it is a great drama. It really scared me so i hope you give it a watch. Stared Gareth Thomas. Blakes 7 fame. What ever happened to good acting in childrens TV?

Iam
    I watched this again recently and it holds up pretty well, they really did make quality kids tv back then. they also made some very creepy ones.

Yes, i remember that. I do like a good anthology series. This is another CHildrens show from 1970. It ran for 3 season and was about a magician known as Tarot. Childrens shows were a lot different back then.
    Unfortunately the first two series were wiped but season 3 still exists and it was cancelled and replaced bt the tomorrow people in 1973.

Iam
    Heard people mention this show before but don't remember it. I used to be obsessed with The Tomorrow People though.