Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Told off at work

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Have they given you a reason for that?
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBlack View Post
    The day was going alright until my line manager (who normally works from head office in another city) came in to have a meeting with me. He had planned to start the meeting at 2:30, but he arrived at 12:30. He then sat there working on his laptop until 3pm when he decided to start the meeting.
    On his agenda was the issue of where I spend my lunch breaks. He doesn't want me having lunch with my friends.

I'll start looking for somewhere else. The last time I stopped seeing my friends, I hid in the back room at lunch times and started hurting myself.
    What reasoning have they given for this? Are you in a union? Can you talk to a rep about this? Are your friends in a rival team or something?

Stella's Quiz Week 2, 12, 16, 17, 14, 27, 40 Winner
    Shared winner Week 11

My British Heart Foundation #mymarathon sponsorship page: CLICK HERE

He gave me no reason, and I'm so scared of him that I didn't explain why I eat with them.

I'm in a union, but when I discussed it with my rep before she said I can have my lunch anywhere I want unless head office say otherwise.

If I tell them about the self harm they might sack me on mental health grounds.

My friends aren't on a rival team, but they are in a different department. I don't understand why they want separation.

He gave me no reason, and I'm so scared of him that I didn't explain why I eat with them.

I'm in a union, but when I discussed it with my rep before she said I can have my lunch anywhere I want unless head office say otherwise.

I don't believe they can actually... Talk to your rep, get them to help and to ask what the reasons are, and have them present at each of the meetings you have in future.

Shared winner Week 11

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

TonyBlack (20-06-17)

Tony, I recently returned to work after being off for around four months. Like you, I did not want to make my employers aware of my mental health challenges, however, it really is the best thing I have done. Legally, they cannot sack you for being unwell, either mentally or physically. My employer, which is a large company have managed to put in place therapy for me that I was having to wait 42 weeks for an appointment on NHS, they are giving me time off on full pay to go to medical appointments too. I would urge anyone in our situation to talk to their employer as they have a responsibility to their staff which they are legally obliged to apply. Do start by speaking to your rep from the union, also, your lunch break is your own time, you can spend it with whoever you want to spend it with, no employer, in fact no person has the right to tell you who you can spend time with.

Peace, Calm, Serenity and Tranquility!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cameraman For This Useful Post:

Paula (20-06-17),Suzi (20-06-17),TonyBlack (20-06-17)

Please speak to www.citizensadvice.org.uk. They'll be able to tell you your rights and you can speak to them over the phone, by email or webchat so won't need to take time off work
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (20-06-17),TonyBlack (20-06-17)

Cut, cut and cut again. Loss of staff, loss of freedom, loss of self esteem. I've started on my CV. My every previous attempt to have anything nice at work keeps getting escalated to central management.

If I go through the unions or citizens advice, they'll just find something else to take away.

I can't have a fan in my office because it'll dry my eyes. I can't have the server room door open to cool my office because it'll break the air con unit.
    It was 29C in there today and it the sky was cloudy. It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow. I'm sweating so much at work that I'll have to put a wet floor sign net to my desk.

They may as well hire a robot.

Oh hunni....

Shared winner Week 11

Between all the changes to routine, my line manager's whistling and the loud noise of the music practise going on while I was trying to work, I had to find a store cupboard and scream at the top of my lungs until I was out of breath.

I think I've hurt my throat.