Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Honeyflower's Garden

Honeyflower's Garden

I see others have threads like these, so I thought that I would start one of my own

I was going to start a separate thread for what I am about to say but I thought this will do!

I have Borderline personality disorder, depression and anxiety.

To start with I am worried at the moment about my mouth. I have been having aches on the right side of my face for about 4 weeks, so last week I went the dentist as I thought the pain had something to do with my teeth, the dentist examined me and said my teeth were fine but she said that I have a white patch in my mouth and has referred me to the dental hospital. I stupidly looked on google what this could be and it says that they are a sign of cancer. I have been worried sick since last week.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It's always best to not google symptoms. Hopefully your appointment will come through soon.
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Honeyflower (06-06-17)

Hi Honeyflower. Nice that you've started a thread. Don't start panicking!...I went to the dentist a few years ago, and when she looked in my mouth and saw weird patches on my gums, I too was packed off to the dental/oral consultant. The first thing I did was look it up on Google, and guess what? I found the same thing as you! To cut a long story short I worried myself sick and when I went to the hospital he just didn't know. I have a bit of foreign blood in me and it turns out that brown patches on my gums are conducive to mixed blood people! Firstly, dentists have been required for some years now to investigate the mouth as a whole (not a pun!) as well as gums etc. They aren't doctors so are duty bound to refer people if they see things they haven't seen before. White patches could be just about anything... but they always home in on the C word. Please don't worry. I know it's easier said than done but try not to. Have you been given a date yet? Don't look any more on google...it's more trouble than it's worth. But we all do it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Honeyflower (06-06-17)

Thanks and Flo I am relieved that you have said that you had more or less the same thing. I called the dental hospital this morning to see how long I have to wait and they said about 2 weeks, It has been a week now. It is the waiting I can't bear, I want my mind to be set at ease. I am so sorry that I ever googled it now.I panicked that much that I called my GP on Friday and she agreed to see me, she said it could be leukoplakia but then said it can lead to cancer. I have never been so worried in my life like I am now.

I don't blame you for being worried. Hang on in there. I'm sure things will be ok.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Honeyflower (06-06-17)

I know it's hard but I agree with Flo and Jaq that googling symptoms is never a good thing. I'm sure there's any number of reasons for white patches. I get a lot of issues in my mouth that's purely down to my medication. The hospital seem to be on the ball and hopefully you'll be seen quickly. Big hugs
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Honeyflower (06-06-17)

I know that the 2 week wait is horrific - I felt the same when I was referred under the "emergency 2 week rule" to breast clinic. Don't panic. There are so many things which could possibly be, but that aren't!
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Honeyflower (06-06-17)

Yeah I know.. I just want to know one way or the other. I'm also not eating or sleeping properly because of the worry.

I know....
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Honeyflower (07-06-17)

Morning, hunni, how are you today?
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Honeyflower (07-06-17)