Thread: Hot!

Hot!

Hey there.

Here in jolly old south Wales, it has been a hot day. Now. I love a sunny day, but when it gets too hot, I tend to get palpitations and become more prone to panic.

Does anyone else have this? Its not something Ive heard of before, but it makes sense in a way. As always, I would be interested in any experiences people have had with this, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, y'all

Techie

It's been really hot here too
    Do you have any distraction techniques you could use?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Probably, Im just wondering though if the premise is sound - could the anxiety be linked to the heat, do you think?

Anxiety happens when our flight or fight reflex is triggered. A pdoc once told me that any situation that mimics the physical response to that reflex (palpitations, hot flushes, sweating etc) can trick your brain into thinking there's a situation that has triggered those symptoms itms. So, you start sweating, your brain thinks it's because there's a problem and the anxiety kicks in. So I suppose being too hot could do that too.
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (26-05-17),Suzi (26-05-17),Techie (26-05-17)

Interesting. Thinking about it with the benefit of hindsight, I think it could have been the situation I was in as much as anything - I do have a tendency to make things more complex than they need to be. The heat didnt help though, certainly - I do not function well in it, lol. Hope all is well, guys.

T

If it's any help...I had a conversation with my doc. about heat and palpitations, heart thumping etc., I had come back from Crete - very hot -. He said that when it gets hot and we aren't used to this type of heat, the heart has to work overtime to push the blood round our bodies to keep us cool. I had palpitations last night and yesterday afternoon...the palpitations could have triggered 'anxiety' if I hadn't known the reason for them. But I remembered what he said and it all simmered down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie View Post
    Interesting. Thinking about it with the benefit of hindsight, I think it could have been the situation I was in as much as anything - I do have a tendency to make things more complex than they need to be. The heat didnt help though, certainly - I do not function well in it, lol. Hope all is well, guys.

T
    Snap! I have the same tendency!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Techie (27-05-17)

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Its a good day to be at work, scorching hot outside and sat in office nice and cool with aircon on!

Jarre - no one likes a smart a**e with air con......
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn