Thread: My Friend (SU Triggers)

My Friend (SU Triggers)

One of my friends at work seems to have some form of anxiety.
    Her personality seems to be a lot like mine and I'm extremely worried about her.
    She's mentioned suicide to me and becomes distressed at the mere thought of certain aspects of her job.

I'm glad that she's opened up to me, but because we're in different departments I only get to see her for a few minutes a day.
    I do what I can to make her feel better, but sometimes she doesn't want to talk. I know it's not right to force her to talk about it.

I know what it feels like and I wouldn't wish these feelings upon anybody. I just wish I knew what to do before this gets any worse.

Can you hand her a leaflet with some contact numbers on it - for Mind? Rethink? Time to change? Samaritans?

Stella's Quiz Week 2, 12, 16, 17, 14, 27, 40 Winner
    Shared winner Week 11

My British Heart Foundation #mymarathon sponsorship page: CLICK HERE

The most important thing you can do is urge her to get help, especially talking to her Dr. Taking on 1-2-1 support is tough, particularly if you're struggling to though I'm sure you want to help any way you can. Please just be careful of your own health......
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

I'll see if I can find her some leaflets and suggest seeing her doctor. I don't want to be too blunt with my approach though, in case it looks like I'm just trying to palm her problems off to somebody else.

Hmm I can understand what you mean but please try to remember that they're not your problems, and you have enough to deal with yourself
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Might be worth telling her that currently you're trying to work through your own recovery and although you'll be there for her - you can't do 1:1 support as you aren't trained and it can be really hard esp on your own health too...

Stella's Quiz Week 2, 12, 16, 17, 14, 27, 40 Winner
    Shared winner Week 11

My British Heart Foundation #mymarathon sponsorship page: CLICK HERE