Thread: Sunday nerves

Sunday nerves

Hey there.

I used to drink. A lot. Not every day by any means, not even every week, but when I did go out, almost always on a saturday, I would get utterly annihilated. Then, the next day, I would wake up and my nerves would be shot to pieces.

I stopped drinking recently for health reasons, but this morning, like most Sunday mornings, my nerves are all jingly jangly. Could this be an associative thing? Personally Ive never heard of this before, though I do know how powerful the mind is, and particularly how powerful association can be - Im just curious as to whether anyone here has ever experienced anything similar.

Cheers.

Techie

Cant say i have Techie but if it is bothering you i would make an appointment to see your G.P. Hope you are okay though?

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Yeah, Im ok. Honestly I think its ok, just wondering what other people's experience was really. Just the mind working on autopilot I guess. Hope all is well with you, Purplefan.

T

I don't know but I know with anxiety I work myself up to a state just thinking about situations that affect me. Maybe this is something similar?
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Hmm, thats interesting - it usually starts a little bit the night before, so that is very possible. Thank you Paula, I hope things are good for you today.

T

I'd agree with Paula that it sounds like anxiety.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

It does, actually - I had put it in that context, but I think it could well be. Very perceptive.

How are you doing today?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn