Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iconic moments in music history.

Iconic moments in music history.

I saw this photograph of pink floyd's teacher from their hit Another brick in the wall pt 1.
    And was thinking of going along to the exhibition of their work at the Albert and Victoria museum.
    Art has a huge part to play in music history. Classic album covers were part of the experience of buying music. What iconic moments from music do you remember?
    I am trying to stay away from the usual youtube posting thread and i want to know why the particular piece of music means a lot. If you feel the need to post a youtube video then by all means. But let me know why it is special.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Mike Oldfield Tubular bells.
    I remember this album from the 1970s' as it wa the first to make a huge impact on my early life. The film the exercise had just came out and the music added to the atmosphere of the film. Although Mike is a great musician i think he will never be able to top this classic from 1973. Although, i am sure it came out in the mid 1970's.

I think that some artist produce pure works of art which can never be reproduced, and are simply timeless being an MJ fan of course you will expect me to mention Thriller but I think the success of that album was thanks to its predecessor Off The Wall which I think really showed the depth of MJs ability as a vocalist and sole artist.

Also have to add two other classicalbums with U2's Joshua Tree and Dire Straits Brothers in Arms. Pure Genius.

Agree with those!
    Alanis Morisette Jagged Little Pill was the soundtrack to my youth!
    Tori Amos Little Earthquakes is still one of my favourite albums of all time..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jagged little pill was epic, really edgy. In my late teens one of the stand out albums which has a lot of fun memories attached is Roxette - Joyride. Yeah I know, hardly an outstanding piece of musical genius but still lol

For me it was Pink
    Missundaztood Man that girl can sing!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I adore P!nk as do my girls! Perfect, Raise your glass and Dear Mr President - which is just as relevant now with trump in charge - are some of my favs!

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    ohhh there is so many!

Pink Floyd - Darkside of the moon
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    Leftfield - Leftism
    Genesis - Lamb lies down in Broadway
    Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene
    Crosby Stills & Nash - Deja Vu
    Nirvana - Nevermind
    Direstraits - Brothers in arms
    Yes - Yes songs (one of the firsts triple vinyl live concerts)
    the list is endless!

The first big gig I went to - Meatloaf Bat out of Hell II at Bournemouth - was AWESOME!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

S deleted (16-05-17)

I saw David perform some of the songs from this album at the marquee club in London. Still have it after all these years. I love it because musically it laid the foundation for Davids later work and had the songs Life on mars on side one and Brilliant, Queen Bitch on side two.
    Must have a listen to it soon.