Thread: small items that help you cope.

small items that help you cope.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/.../calming_touch

I found this interesting article about small items that helped people cope with their depression and anxiety. One chap has a ring and a neckless; one woman has a small stuffed dog to deal with anxiety and someone else plays the guitar.
    I know it sounds like the blue blanket that people carry round and that's okay if it calms you, so what little nick naks do you carry that help you?

I have a photo of my boys that i carry round in my wallet that i look at they were the first photo i took of them when they were born.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Ok this is where I come clean about my Superman obsession. For those who don't know and S on his chest doesn't stand for Superman, the logo is kinda like a kryptonian family crest representing the house of El. It is the symbol of 'hope'. I'm actually scared to be hopeful, thinking that if I get my hopes up and things don't work out it will hurt so much more. I need to be reminded that there is always hope, always I reason to keep going. I've always got something on me with the logo on it.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

Of course there's always hope... That was the last thing in Pandora's Box remember...
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

purplefan (11-05-17)