Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: JU88A-14 1:48 scale ,German bomber.

No it is a pretty bad mistake. Every photo of a Luftwaffe plane has the swastika at a right angle as welf pointed out. As, it is only going up on my ceiling, it wont matter but if i was entering her in a competition, i would have got huge marks taken off.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

My thanks to welf for pointing out my mistake with the swastika and i now have corrected it. I slowly loosened the decal with some micro soft and turned it round and i now have to wait till the decal drys and i can weather it. Once again, many thanks welf.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Suzi (01-08-17)

Nicely done, I didn't think that would come off very easily
    How many models have you made now?

Mira
    That makes the whole plane look awesome and authentic. At first I was thinking should I mention it. It worried me a bit. But it turned out great.

A good job purple. Great build

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

purplefan (02-08-17),Suzi (02-08-17)

One of the resons i post my models is to get peoples thoughts on the welf and i would NEVER have noticed the mistake, the swastika does look better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    That makes the whole plane look awesome and authentic. At first I was thinking should I mention it. It worried me a bit. But it turned out great.

A good job purple. Great build

8. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Intresting that you have an intrest in U-boats welf. I have been pondering for a while to get a 1/48 DKM U-Boat Type VIIC U-552 made by Trumpiter. But it is HUGE and costs over £300 to buy what with the photo etch and rasin parts. It would be my mount Everest of kits.

I think i have about over 20 kits i have made EmmyRed. I put them up on my ceiling
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmyRed View Post
    Nicely done, I didn't think that would come off very easily
    How many models have you made now?

Mira
    I looked that kit up and what a great looking kit is that. The price is high I agree

I do not know where my facination with U boats comes from. But I was always drawn to them.

This is a youtube video I liked recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRHQLeOM7tQ

I love the history of you boats welf. The wolf pack they were called if i'm right?
    The detail of that sub is amazing welf. You even get an officers lounge and a cut away bridge that has a plastic side so you can display your work. I watched the video. Very good.

Mira
    When you hear about the death toll on German subs its chilling. I believe one in four made it home. And smaller subs, like the Biber they deployed near the end of the war lost almost all sailors.

Wolf packs was a tactic they used later on in the war. First they went about alone but when allied ships started to make bigger convoys the subs made groups to hunt the convoys down. They where called wolfpacks.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

purplefan (02-08-17)