Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Airfix 1/72 Scale, Hawker Huricaine MK1.

Airfix 1/72 Scale, Hawker Huricaine MK1.

I could not sleep, so i thought id post a frame by frame account of my build.

ENJOY!

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

So the first step is to paint the inside of the wings using Humbrol 56. Aluminum.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

The paint went on easy and i was pleased with the results. 2nd coat.

Very tricky bit as i drilled out the machine gun nests with a 0.3mm drill bit.
    As you can see it turned out okay.

Next stage is to glue the wings together.

Then its detailing the cockpit. I painted the interior of the cockpit. 165 matt sea greay and 70. Interior green.

Then i put on the peddles and the joystick witch were attached to the top wing.

Then it was glue the wings to the fuselage. Trying not to break the joystick in the upper wing.
    It fitted beautifully.

Ready for sanding. I used a corse sand paper forst 800 grit and then went down to a smoother sand paper 3250 grit and then i polished off the scratch marks.

Ready for painting.

First coat of Humbrol 29 Dark Earth applied to the top half of the plane.

And thats all i got up to. I more coat of Humbrol dark Earth then Humbrol Dark green. DO that tomorrow.