Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm here

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    You've had a busy day.

I always do Magie xx

Wow that's a busy weekend - when are you going to get time to rest?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I'm back after a bit of a break from the forum. We've been up to Chatsworth for the Flower Show which was good but nearly rained off because of the bad weather last week. I had a bit of a panic when we were driving home and wanted to leave the M1. We came across country and rejoined the A1 at Grantham. OH was not too impressed and I felt a bit of a failure as I hadn't experienced these 'out of control' feelings for a very long while. Have made a drs appointment but not for another month.

You're not a failure! These things happen and you got home safely
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Elizabeth, I'd never describe you as a failure! I hope OH apologised for making you feel that way.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Once we got on the A1 the anxiety lifted. I think I'm having a bit of a wobble that is all. I met with my ex colleague as he was working yesterday. He told me that two of our customers had died. One of the customers had committed suicide. It probably happened months ago. I felt very sad and can't stop thinking about it. He obviously meant to do it and went to a well known beauty spot to do it. The other was a really lovely elderly gentleman so his 'time' had probably come. I keep thinking about the words 'took his own life' but if he was suffering from depression then he probably was not in the right frame of mind.
    Years ago committing suicide was a sin certainly in the Catholic Church and if you died in this way you could not have a Christian burial and had to be buried outside the Churchyard. I know that is not the case now. I do know someone who had to be buried in this way.
    So I need to calm down and stop feeling so sad. I've missed a lot of choir and have written a letter to our choirmaster because I felt I was being 'typecast' He has written a lovely email back virtually saying I could sing whatever part I liked he did not mind. It did not matter where I stood in the choir.
    The small choir that I belong to the conductor is being an absolute beast and a bully and has said that I am singing 'flat' and to sing more quietly. This has been quite distressing and I have resisted the urge to email him. We have some past history and I'm sure that he knows that he can behave like this towards me. We have an evensong to do next week but if he is in bullying mode I shall pack up and go home.
    The other choir I haven't attended for three weeks so I really need to go back as it is our ninetieth anniversary concert soon.
    I miss my ex boss who belongs to two of the choirs who I'm sure would dilute the 'bullying'
    I hope I am making sense. Feel weak at the moment.

You don't sound weak - you sound like there's loads of things going on that seem negative, and I'm not surprised you are struggling..
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Maybe it's time to drop that one choir that's causing a problem - you do seem to rush around a lot ....
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass