Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello *SU TRIGGERS*

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Not thick at all hun. SH Triggers for discussing self harm, AB Triggers when discussing abuse, SU Triggers when discussing suicide. Just labelling a post with Triggers is ok too. Hope that helps
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Blacklab (20-04-17)

I too was on Sertraline and it felt like I had no emotions.
    Something inside me knew this was wrong and I stopped taking them when they ran out, without seeing a doctor.
    Now, I know he's on a lot of other medication, but it may be time to consider a different antidepressant.

Not that I'm an expert. This is just my opinion.

I know he shouldn't do what I did and just stop right away - it's supposed to take time to lower the dose gradually before switching medication, but it's clear that you care about him. You can get him through this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyBlack For This Useful Post:

Blacklab (20-04-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklab View Post
    I just want to say thank you so much for the replies. The kindness coming through has me reading this forum with tears in my eyes. So much has made sense to me already and in particular 'bargaining/trading'. That is definitely one to try.

I have to say though, since doing the original post, things have improved 'slightly'. He switched his phone on around 5pm and straightaway his phone went off, so he went upstairs. He was only talking for around 2 hours. When he came down, I asked if he would have something to eat and he did, which for today is huge progress from how we started off. He went on the phone again around 8ish, and came down around 11.30pm. He said he fell asleep, not sure if he did or not. He's gone to bed now. Just before he went, I asked if he would please take his night time tablets and he did it there and then. So onwards and upwards.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I know that I have to back off, if he chooses to spend 6 hours talking on the phone, then that surely has to be better than having him sat next to me, unresponsive, uncommunicative and contemplating suicide (as I am pretty sure he was doing earlier on). We are far from out of the woods, but you lovely people in my computer, may have just shone a little light out in my very long, very dark tunnel, so thank you xx
    I'm so glad yesterday ended far brighter than it started and that we've helped, if only a little. Long may it continue!
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Blacklab (20-04-17)

How are things today lovely?
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Blacklab (20-04-17)

Thank you for thinking of me Suzi. Things are not too bad at the moment (although things can change quickly from hour to hour). He doesn't want any breakfast, so I've just left it, rather than trying to tempt him. It isn't ideal that he is taking a load of medication without food inside him, but its preferable to just not taking them at the moment. He seems brighter in himself and is talking a little. I had to ask him to take his tablets, and he has done. My cousin has given us a big fish tank, so I am hoping to get him interested in setting it up later, as he really used to enjoy keeping fish. He has been listening to music this morning, and that seems to help him too.

Its just an hour by hour thing at the moment really. So far so good.... Oh he has just logged into his online game. That will probably be him now until tonight (a bit obsessive), but at least he is distracting himself, and it means I don't have to follow him around the house checking up on what he is doing, as he stays in one place.

Thank you xx

One of the side effects of Sertraline is that it can act as an appetite suppressant. While it might not be the only thing stopping him eating, it might be contributing.

But it's good to hear he's brightened up a little. One step at a time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyBlack For This Useful Post:

Blacklab (20-04-17)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Tony is right, one step at a time?

And how are you doing Claire?
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Blacklab (20-04-17)

I wasn't aware that Sertraline could act as an appetite suppressant, so thanks for that Tony, I feel a bit better about that.
    I'm ok thanks. He told me a short while ago, that he had planned to 'go for a walk' yesterday, but couldn't say whether he would have returned. However he fell asleep and didn't wake until I had returned. I think I had always known that this might have been the case, but it was still a shock to hear it. However it didn't happen, so I need to put that to the back of my mind.
    I'm walking on egg shells 'trying to do the right thing' despite neither of us knowing what the right thing is. He is a million times better today than he was yesterday. Its our 5th wedding anniversary, and he said he would like to do something, so that's progress. Onward and upward. I hope everyone else is having a good day x

Happy anniversary lovely!

Sweetheart - don't walk on eggshells, it only makes you crack and crumble - I know because I did it. You are still allowed to be you.
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn