Thread: sleep paralysis

bluebeary

Question sleep paralysis

i dont remember having this in my teens, twenties or early thirties but it seems more relevant to my forties, early forties mind

maybe i wasnt as aware as i am now but i dont take any meds bar thryoxine and painkillers when i have a head ache or monthlies

it dint take me long with internet research to figure out what is was and why it occured, it only happens when i sleep on my back which i try not to do anyway as my tummy rumbles when i do such, i prefer sleeping on my right side

only happened once in any other position and that was literally sitting up with my legs crossed in front of the tv late one night in front of the tv, obviously my head was down and i remember not being able to wake up properly and not being able to move and trying to call my then partner in the other room and obviously no sound came out and after a couple of seconds i woke up but its still a little scary and annoying

i have it about once or twice a month depending on how im lying in bed and its disturbing but as long as i try and stay off my back im ok, i know what it is as its happening so i dont know what a doctor could do really

anyone else suffer from rem atonia ?

It's definitely a good idea to make sure that the Dr is aware of it. It could be something else entirely... I really don't recommend self diagnosing via google
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I used to wake up screaming at the top of my voice or I would wake up feeling like there was someone holding me down and i could not move. I went to a sleep clinic and that helped. But there is a study that suggests sleep parasaly could be down to your mind being too active.
    One of the things I did was get rid of all the gadgets from my Bedroom and I would meditate for a half hour before I would drop off. It certainly helped. I would askbthe G.P. to referee you to someone if it is bothering you.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.