Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi I'm back

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    One of my customers walked out last night as her work in progress had been damaged by H or I (not sure who) had put a heavy pot on it by accident. I just feel at the moment that their is so much to do and as fast as we try to tackle it more keeps piling up. I feel at the moment that I am just not doing the job properly. The commission for 7 plates that is due at the start of June is not going well. 3 of the 4 plates I have finished so far have failed and I have had to throw another 5, I hate being up against a deadline like this and am beating myself up as I have had the order since February. I have another commission to do as well and the customer changed the requirements yesterday from fern leaves to hemp leaves on it. I know I need to take a break today, I have been over dong it but
    I need to finish the plate commission
    I need to start the wall sign commission
    I need to finish glazing the kids stuff from half term
    I need to contact people about stuff waiting to be collected
    I need to take advantage of the Vistaprint sale this week to get new flyers printed
    I need to glaze my seals
    I need to get stuff for sale on etsy
    I REALLY need to get the accounts up to date and deal with the end of year accounts
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

You NEED to rest

Pen, lovely, maybe it's time to reduce what you're doing. Maybe have less classes so you can do your own stuff? Maybe employ someone to do the accounts? Maybe get the kids in for a class to do their own glazes? Maybe send a blanket email to all your customers about items to be collected, rather than contact individually? Maybe get H to sort out the flyers? Maybe try to remember this is your business and you're the one who gets to make the rule for your business?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Completely agree with Paula - is there a set time you could have for people to pick up work? You seem to be running enough classes for a much larger pottery. You have to find a way to balance what YOU need and what you can do. There are only 2 of you.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Apart from taking the dog out I have been resting as I have had a fearsome headache all morning. Now working through the backlog of audio books I have not had time to listen to. Might do a bit of drawing in the mo.

Baby Barnaby is asleep on my lap so cant go anywhere
    I have raided the self soothe box

Glad Barnaby is keeping you sat!

Yes the boys kept me pinned down for hours. Now they are rampaging around like lunatics and Ember is taking the opportunity to get her head on my lap instead. It just makes my heart melt when Barnaby climbs up onto my lap and its me he wants to lie on. I have yet to hear him purr though. His slightly larger brother purrs all the time so we think its just a size thing.

Awwwwwwwwww

Trouble at home today... H was in a foul mood this afternoon and we had a bit of a set to at work. I called her into the office and we had a chat. A is being an overgrown child. As you know I don't get a great deal of help with the housework from them and A especially to I am not happy with him anyway but he had run off to be with his friends again. He actually spends more time with his mates than her and she had had enough. She messaged him and asked that he be home by 9. He arrived at just past and was exceedingly lucky she had not bolted the door. As it is she has now told him to go back to his mum for the night to see if he can understand the seriousness of the issue. He keeps saying that he will change but then never does....

Oh no how is she this morning?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.