Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi I'm back

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset

Hi I'm back

Just thought I'd drop a line and let you know how things are going

Since the doc put my venlafaxine back up to 300mg I have been a lot more stable. I have been trying hard not to get too dragged into work and to get some time away from it watching TV, listening to audio books and doing some cross stitch.

Overall things are going well. I am very busy at work and the pottery to be fired is backing up a bit. We have run kilns overnight for the last three nights. Whilst one is cooling down we have been firing the other one up. Even so there is still a lot to b fired.
    I have run 2 kids groups this week on top of my usual classes which have been full and I have another two next week which are also full.
    Next weekend I have the first of my intensive weekend classes. Which I am looking forward to with a mixture of fear and excitement. Two years ago I told my tutor at college that I would not be bothered with throwing pots as life was too short to learn and here I am two years later owning 4 wheels and running throwing classes!!

The other excitement in our lives is the imminent arrival of two rag doll cross kittens. Hubby thinks I am quite mad, little bundles of heartache he calls them, but its my house and my money and he does not live here so tough!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Flo (16-04-17)

I've loved seeing the pics of the kittens on FB!
    I've missed you, I'm glad you've been on to let us know how things are. It sounds like you might be sorting that home/work balance.....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    The kittens are adorable. Its good to see you x
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

I'm always checking Facebook for more kittens pics - so adorable
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Looks like you've been very busy.

I just so love cats and kittens.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Hey Pen, you're quiet. How are you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm good actually. I seem to have been very stable for a few weeks, fingers crossed it stays that way. My mouth has been a bit better since I started taking a multivitamin pill everyday as well as drinking a smoothy a day. I know they are full of sugar and maybe not a great thing for me but with two together I have noticed my mouth has been a lot less sore.
    Last weekend I was busy with my first throwing weekend. I had one cancellation that I could not fill but even so made almost as much in one weekend as I was typically making in two weeks last year. I have just had my first booking for a throwing weekend in June through ebay. I was considering stopping the advertising on there but I will step it up now. The weekend went really well. The people loved it, H cooked a special soup and home made bread for lunch and we had a selection of cheeses. The weather was fab so we were able to sit out in the garden and eat. Very civilised. Only problem was that we had not considered that we would struggle for matching bowls and plates!! Typical that a pottery does not have any plates !!!
    This week is our catch up week where we try and get together with all the firing and glazing from the kids classes over the holidays. There is a lot of stuff. Too much to fit on our drying racks and there is pottery drying EVERYWHERE out there at the moment. Today however we had a day off and went to Slimbridge Wetlands reserve. We were hoping to see lots of baby birds and although there were some there were not a lot, so I guess we will just have to go back there again in a few weeks.....
    I took two work calls whilst we were there and Hannah told me off and pointed out that I was allowed a day off!!
    My spare time has been taken up with kitten preparations. I have been building a kitten fort from cardboard boxes so that when they come home they have hiding places away from Ember and our other cat until they feel happy to interact with our world. They have a little corral in the corner of my sitting room. The last time we brought kittens home (about 16 years ago) they promptly dived under the boiler so I am preparing a safer place so this does not happen to these two. Our cat managed to squeeze herself into the box I had prepared as their bed. I though the hole would be two small for her, but where there's a will there's a way!!

Hannah's right! Lol. How's wedding prep going?

Slowly but steadily. The key thing she is missing at the mo is the wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses most other things are done or in hand. Although I have still no idea what I am wearing. I may just have to wash my overalls!!

Hannah's definitely right, but I'm so pleased that things are going well for you lovely x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!