Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone comfort eat ?

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I'm another that loves peanut butter but refuse to buy it as I do the same attack it with a spoon, I dont comfort eat but I havent had a good relationship with food for a good number of years

Yes, yes, yes,.....I comfort eat...salted dark choc., toast with half a pound of butter on....and anything simple and yummy.....it's when I'm in 'Screw the world' mode

I'm in the comfort eaters camp well and truly!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I've taken to eating a few carrots followed by a chocolate bar, instead of a load of chocolate bars. I feel full and I don't have the taste of unwashed carrots in my mouth at the end of it all.

Hi, I'm a great comfort eater too. But I feel shamed and disgusted and hate myself after it...makes me feel weak and I hate being fat. My OH laughs at me for it so I end up hiding food and that makes my binges worse. Anyone else?! I'm wishing I could break the cycle but feels like it's my only comfort at the moment.

Your OH laughs at you? That's not on, lovely
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Christina i think you should have a chat with your OH. That is not what he says. I can assure you that from my point of view as a man it does not matter if you over weight. I am so sorry you're going through this right now, that sort of comment would only make the matter worse.

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.

Hunni, no one should laugh at you for that at all. Have you told him how it makes you feel?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I hide stuff too! Especially chocolate!...I think we comfort eat, because at times, it's the only thing we have control over. In the latter weeks of my daughter's marriage, she used to splurge in her bedroom for comfort. She only told me that the other day! It doesn't help when OH's think it's funny either. Tell him that if he can't say anything nice or helpful then SHUT UP!