Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone comfort eat ?

Does anyone comfort eat ?

Thought I would ask as I seem to be eating my way through all the wrong stuff, mainly biscuits. No wonder I have put a stone on. When life gets too bad then I don't eat. Does anybody else use food for comfort ?

I struggle with food when I'm not doing so well. I either eat crap that is quick and easy cos I can't face cooking or I just don't eat at all. That's the simple way of putting it but the reality is much more complicated due to other health conditions.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Occasionally I do but then just end up hating myself even more
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    chocolate is my binge when low or extremely tired, like stella alot of the time I can only eat whats quick to do and its not always healthy but I can never not eat.

Yup, I'm terrible for it!
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Yes. I binge eat all the time. Mostly biscuits and sweet stuff. My hubby always ensures that I eat a proper dinner, but he's not around all day.

Yes, at night, Pringles, crisps & chocolate out of the fridge!

I dont have weight issues but i do like the odd curry and packet of Pringles.
    Ill get a tub for ylu dolly next time im out shopping.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Crisps, biscuits, chocolate, cheesecake, and probably more. I was close to my ideal weight just before my depression hit hard.
    I don't know how much weight I've put on since. I'll check as soon as I can.

Oooh! Yes! the dreaded chocky!....did you know that the mayans considered chocolate an aphrodisiac? Also, chocolate is a natural anti-depressant! So it really comes in handy. If you eat a bar of choc. and feel the urge but 'you don't get none', then you feel depressed because you didn't....then you can have another bar to stop you getting depressed about it!.Simples!......not so long ago, I was so pee'd off and miserable that I ate an entire family size chocolate trifle. I made sure that no one was going to be around at the time...deceitful or what? I'm trying to lose weight at the moment and finding it very hard. My other weakness is Galaxy Truffle eggs. I think we all do it at times. Depression does these things to me. I don't think I'm alone in this....well I hope not!