Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tony's Books

UncleChip
    I've made a bit of an error - I uploaded the content of Volume 3 into the cover of Volume 1 and I can't fix it until Amazon finish publishing the changes! I hope it won't be like this for more than a few hours.

[BEGIN GLOATING]
    On the plus side, the actual Volume 3 has sold 1 copy on launch day! My most successful launch day so far.
    And somebody in the writers' forum said the cover was so bad it made their balls ache. I'm not joking, that's what he said. I don't think he was looking at it correctly if that happened to him, though.
    He also said the cover was so bad it wouldn't sell any copies. Well nuts to him! I'm $1.05 better off!
    [END GLOATING]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UncleChip For This Useful Post:

Paula (18-04-17),S deleted (18-04-17)

Go you!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I'm still go get round to reading what you sent me, not cos I'm too busy, just cos I find reading difficult when I'm not doing so good but will give feedback once I am able.

UncleChip
    Thanks Stella. I don't remember sending you any files though. My memory must be playing tricks on me.
    But don't worry about timescales. I know we're all under pressure around here, so take as long as you need.

All of my books have been edited. The new versions are available for Kindle, Kobo and Nook. Paperback editions should be updated today. Smashwords editions will be finished next week.

UncleChip
    I'm just working on refreshing my website with sales links to each of my books, character bios and a bit about me.
    Also I've brought the prices of my eBooks down from £2.49 to £1.99 and the paperbacks from £7.49 to £5.99 to see if they'll sell any better.

Well done!

UncleChip
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just thought I'd mention it as this seems to be the only relevant place on the internet, but:

After a few months of having my main series on Inkitt, I'm getting feedback from readers. One person has put my third main series book in a reading list they've titled "Amazing" even though I don't consider it to be my best effort. Readership has also increased for the other two books in the series on there, so it looks like I might start to gain a slightly bigger following.

Also, after gaining some more directed feedback on the cover for book 3 (other than it looks horrible), I've made some alterations which render it much more appealing, even though it retains many of the original themes and style.

Well done!

Tats fab!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    After lots of feedback, I've changed the art style significantly. Please let me know if you find these appealing or not.