Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning lows

Morning lows

I am in quite a poor state at the moment and I seem to have some strange patterns. Regardless if I work from home or at the office, I feel awful up to around midday. By 2PM I am usually quite "normal" but still easy to upset. The difference betweem 10AM and 2PM is quite amazing. If I am at work it manifests itself more as real anxiety whereas if I am at home I get really upset. At weekends it is exactly the same.
    I have asked the doc, but there was not really any conclusion made.
    Is this something that is common?

Are you on meds? If so which ones and when do you take it?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Hi. At the moment, 100mg of Sertraline, but doctor has suggested I replace it with Mirtazapine (15mg) because the Sertraline does not seem to have much effect.

Meds we're going to be my first suggestion. If you're changing to mirtazapine, I'd wait and see what happens with that - oh and remember mirtazapine needs to be taken at night ....
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Totally agree with Paula
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Thanks guys. I must admit that I am not looking forward to changing as I fear it getting worse. Oddly enough had a meeting I was really not looking forward to on Wednesday. Drove the 100 miles to the meet, felt really anxious but by the end I was fine. Felt really good from 5PM until I went to bed and then woke at 03:00 sweating and thinking about all the negatives that were in the meeting. There was probably only one that may cause me grief, but from 03:00 to now I am really anxious about it.
    I was sure that the way I felt last night was going to stick

You drove 100 miles to a meeting? What meeting was it? Blimey, that's amazing that you did that! That really is a great achievement.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Most of my meetings are around 100 miles to be honest. I can generally do it without too many problems. Getting out the car at the other end is another story. I try to keep myself from avoiding any situations I am not comfortable in because of my anxiety and panic problems. Depression just adds another string to the already overwhelming state.

Those are some massive commutes!
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Hi all. The Tamazipam seems to work for my morning anxiety, but mornings are bloody hard. I slept till 09:30 on Friday and the same Saturday. They seem to make me so tired. I am hoping that wears off quite soon.
    I am only on 15mg