Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help and advice please

help and advice please

morning all im adam and new to the forum iv had depression on and off for 5 years now due to a family death and a bad relationship and the passed 3 months things have really got on top of me im a type 2 diabetic and have painfull hands and feet and i do not sleep much the doctor signed me off on the sick as i do not feel up to work but the main problem is my mood it is getting worse im going from been very happy to really sad and in some cases really angry for no reason this is really getting to me now as it seems to be out of control and i do not know what to do as my doctor just changes my meds and not really solving my problems is there any advice please many thanks

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Hi and welcome. Could you see another doctor or even request counselling? Be completely honest with your doctor about how much your mood is affecting you.
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Hi and welcome Adam....have you told your doctor everything you've mentioned in your post here? Have you had any counselling or other therapies in the past? These can be very helpful. Have you tried seeing another doctor?...one maybe that has a special interest in MH issues? No one here can make diagnoses but you'll get support and helpful suggestions. We're a friendly, non judgemental bunch so hang on in there and I'm sure you'll get helpful replies.

Oops! sorry Jaq!....went to prod a cake and didn't press reply!

good morning and thanks for the comments iv tried a counselling before and it was not much good tbh and my doctors surgery always have different doctors we get to see so they all differ with what they think and tbh iv really had enough of feeling the way i do its hard to tell people how i really feel as it sounds daft as iv been judged before for been depressed

You should be able to ask to see someone with an interest in mental health, it just may take a little longer. Doctors certainly shouldn't be judging you for being depressed. Have you tried writing down how you feel and showing them?

Re: counselling, sometimes it depends on the counsellor and being ready for it. You might find it more beneficial another time. It may also be worth contacting your local MIND as they often offer help and support.
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Hi and welcome. Jaq and Flo are right. Do try to go back to see a Dr and tell them everything you've told us x
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

evening many thanks for all comments i will try in the morning to speak to a doctor

Good luck! In the meantime, feel free to talk to us here!
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Fantastic!
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn