Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: My Photography

The cow one is so special, what a lovely moment to capture!
    We have a lot of urban foxes where I live and I would love to photograph them, unfortunately their very nature is that they run away (if they don't they are potentially not well) so I've had no luck so far!
    Such awesome photos

Cameraman
    Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    Your photos are so professional. Did you ever consider it a career?
    Every day, that is my dream but the problem is that it is such a cut throat profession and very difficult to get into and I don't photograph people so I won't be a wedding photographer.

I photographed a friend's wedding last year as their wedding present. They didn't have a professional photographer so I thought it would be a nice thing to do for them. It was actually quite tricky to do!

You could always join a local photography group?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Cameraman
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You could always join a local photography group?
    LMAO I could start the back garden photographic society for depressives lol. Actually, on a more serious note, I have been in photo groups and camera clubs before and they are so full of people that tend not to be my cup of tea, I think that's the best way I can put it. I don't have expensive equipment, most of the people in these clubs all have top of the range Canons or Nikkons costing a few thousand pounds each and that is before you take into account the cost of the lenses and other gear they use. The pretentiousness is too much to bear for me.

Cameraman
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    I photographed a friend's wedding last year as their wedding present. They didn't have a professional photographer so I thought it would be a nice thing to do for them. It was actually quite tricky to do!
    I would never shoot a wedding, I could not deeal with the pressure of someone paying me over £1000 for a one off special day that you must get perfect for them. I take my hat off to people who can do that and do it well.

Cameraman
    It's been a few days since I shared some of my photos with you, so I hope you like these:

[IMG]Giant Pig Spotted Admiring Modern Architecture in Glasgow by Brian McDiarmid Travelling, on Flickr[/IMG]
    This scene made me smile inside myself and I knew the title of the image even before I had shot it.

[IMG]South Frederick Street Glasgow Arty by Brian McDiarmid Travelling, on Flickr[/IMG]
    My favourite street in Glasgow for photographing the architecture and the building line with a bit of an arty twist.

[IMG]Moving Home in Malaga by Brian McDiarmid Travelling, on Flickr[/IMG]
    I showed this photo to one of my friends, he said to me that I could take a photo of the most boring subject and it would look interesting. For someone like him who is not into photography or any kind of art, I took that as a huge compliment.

[IMG]The Slip by Brian McDiarmid Travelling, on Flickr[/IMG]
    This one is one of my favourite shots from last year, taken on a long exposure of 15 seconds to smooth out the water and then converted to black and white.

[IMG]Parliament Square by Brian McDiarmid Travelling, on Flickr[/IMG]
    This is another one with an arty twist to it, Parliament Square in Edinburgh which is just off the Royal Mile. And to finish off with, a wee video of my photos with some nice music to accompany it.

http://<a href="https://flic.kr/p/Mt.../a>, on Flickr

Cameraman

Unfortunately it appears the video link above doesn't work, hope we have better luck with this one.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    These are all absolutely stunning!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Wow, you certainly have a good eye. Those are amazing. Ever thought of exhibiting them? Or selling some as prints or postcards?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!