Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Cameraman View Post
    You are so lucky in the location where you live in SE London, I wish I was down there, I can think of loads of places I would go for a shoot....
    You should post some of your photos here and us all enjoy them with you.
    It's more a safety issue. I have to be careful when I am out during the day with my camera, let alone at night.
    I haven't played with the exposure settings on my camera yet. I was given a book or two for Christmas about digital photography that I need to read.

My best photos are posted here: http://cee-fashion.co.uk/photography/photography.html
    As you can see I am a nature fan and I have three (mostly) obliging cats.

Cameraman
    Talking about obliging cats, meet Mitzi, she is my cat model, well sometimes when she is in the mood. I call her and she doesn't come running, she checks her diary to see if she can fit me in.

[IMG]Soft and Fluffy by Brian McDiarmid Travelling, on Flickr[/IMG]

It is very important to be safe when you are out with a camera, any nasty little piece of work might want to take it off you. It's a bit different for me, my dad who died a few years back was in special forces and he made sure that my sister and I were educated in personal safety as he called it, his friends called it unarmed combat. So, I have never been one to seek trouble but if it does come my way, mostly, I reckon I can deal with it. If not, I have insurance for my gear. Lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cameraman For This Useful Post:

rose (01-03-17)

lol!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I think things are very different for a man to be out with a camera and a woman to be out with the same camera. There is always a risk to a woman's personal safety and something that is always to the forefront of your mind when out alone.

Cameraman
    Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    I think things are very different for a man to be out with a camera and a woman to be out with the same camera. There is always a risk to a woman's personal safety and something that is always to the forefront of your mind when out alone.
    Hi Magie06, I completely agree with you, however, I would add that there are a significant number of men who feel like that too for one reason or another. Anyone going out with a camera at night must make a risk assessment so that they can decided for themselves if it is a good idea to be in any location at that time.

Exactly. It's terrible that we can't be free to do what we like when we like. I think that's what keeps me indoors as much.

They say women are safer than men when outside, less likely to be in fights and therefore safer.
    I do feel a little 'on offer' wandering around certain places with my camera. I usually wear a long sleeved hooded top so I keep my hands inside the sleeves and therefore hide the camera.
    When I took photos from Waterloo Bridge I was more worried about my bag being pinched as I took photographs.
    I think you just have to be aware of your surroundings and it'll be ok.

Cameraman
    [IMG]Dundrennan Abbey Mono Stitch 11p-001 by Brian McDiarmid Travelling, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]Milky Face by Brian McDiarmid Travelling, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]Albert the Fox. by Brian McDiarmid Travelling, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hope you like the photos above, just another wee selection of what I have shot over the last few years.

Those are awesome!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Your photos are so professional. Did you ever consider it a career?