Page 3 of 193 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: According to Plan *SH triggers*

I love your thread title. It's something I've struggled with too.. And I'm still not quite there.

Ben said that the maths mock was horrible too, and he had a shock with a few of his exams too They are so horrible, especially being the first year of the new system...
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by purplefan View Post
    Good Morning Paula. or afternoon as it is. Hope your Sunday is going well?
    Good thanks purple. I'm attempting to teach myself calligraphy so have been working on my 'i's' today

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I love your thread title. It's something I've struggled with too.. And I'm still not quite there.

Ben said that the maths mock was horrible too, and he had a shock with a few of his exams too They are so horrible, especially being the first year of the new system...
    It took me almost 40 years to get there, Suzi, I was constantly fighting against my own pigheadedness. But I did get there...

I think they all got a shock. But I believe that's the main purpose of mocks - to give the kids a wake up call. Jess is currently doing a 3 hr revision session
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (05-02-17)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Make sure she gets plenty of short breaks too. It helps the information go in better!xx
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Yep 5 mins every half hour
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    My teachers kept reminding me to take frequent breaks so I took a 10 minute break every half an hour. My big mistake was picking up a book to read for fun in those 10 minutes... 10 minutes turns into 2 hours so easily!
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Yeh, I'm figuring if I say 5 mins it won't last any longer than 10 lol

calligraphy is a great skill to learn Paula. I wish you well in your learning.
    I was passing a pet shop today and bought a collar and lead. Yesterday, Maxine bought a plastic bone. So, i think we have made our minds up.

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.

I love calligraphy! Have you remembered to supply her with chocolate and water......
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Lol she is always well fed. God knows how she stays so tiny

I'm not sure if calligraphy is going to work for me but I'm giving it a go. My handwriting is appalling so I'm hoping it'll improve that. Plus I can't do any of the hobbies I normally do (cross stitch, knitting etc) as my right hand is too painful. So I had to find something I could do left handed

What about painting?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn