Page 1 of 193 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: According to Plan *SH triggers*

According to Plan *SH triggers*

Thought it was time to close my old thread and start afresh

Jess came home with her mocks results. Her maths was dreadful and, despite Si and I both saying to my brother last night that the mocks were just to give them an idea of what's involved, Si gave her a right talking to in the car on the way home. . So I had to talk them both down ......
    Last edited by Paula; 04-08-17 at 10:10 PM.
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'esprance.
    Oh, I hated maths...

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    I hate maths I only scraped a C at gcse, do you know the reason is it mind block at exams (something i suffer), not enough revision? Can she look at this as she knows what she needs to do to improve to get a good result, can she get any extra tuition I knwo in science we had a lunchtime science session one of the tutors did to help those of us who struggled with exams.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I don't know if it's still the same now, but I remember when I started college I was told the average GCSE grade is a C, apart from in Maths. That is actually a D
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Well, I love a good equation.....
    The key is practice, practice, practice. I'm sure a local Maths student would be happy to tutor her.

I got a D at English Lit mock and an A in the real thing.

She just didn't revise enough, we told her at the time but she ignored us. She has had a maths tutor since September, which she asked for. The new system goes from a 1 to 9 (with 9 being an A*) and an acceptable pass is 5 (the equivalent of a C). If they don't get a 5 or above in Maths and English, they have to redo the course and take the exams again next year. She really doesn't want to do that.

So, tomorrow we're going to sit down and do a revision timetable for all her subjects to start Sunday through to the end of the exams
    Last edited by Paula; 03-02-17 at 09:05 PM.
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

I just wanted to say why I chose my thread title, it's very important to me to remember this phrase. My life, it has been said many times, has not gone according to plan. I certainly didn't expect to stop working when I was 32 through ill health (especially as I'd just started my own business) and my fall 4 years ago and it's repercussions were definitely not in my life plan!

But I've spent my whole life battling with myself over whether I believed there is a God. I grew up in a Christian family and attended church regularly til I was 19. I kept contact with my church from then onwards but was never able to commit my life to Christ. It wasn't until my accident that I hit that moment when I knew I had to decide whether I rejected God or accepted Him. And I chose to ask Him into my life. That was 10th May 2013. And I realised then that everything had gone According to God's Plan

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

purplefan (03-02-17),selena (03-02-17)

I hope you dont mind me saying Paula, i think it was wrong of si to have a go at her. I wonder if she would benefit from a home tutor? and although she did badly who is to say she wont do well in the actual exams? Children can get overwhelmed and become very nervous and thats why mock exams are good because it can let a child know what to expect and during the real exams they have a better chance. Sorry for my opinion.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

He was out of order, I told him that, he knew that and he's sorted it out with Jess. Everybody makes mistakes, it's what you do about it that counts.

Jess has a tutor

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

purplefan (03-02-17)

Im glad things worked out.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.