Page 1 of 142 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Grotty - a snotty diary by Suzi aged "almost old"

Grotty - a snotty diary by Suzi aged "almost old"

Well, I think I'm succumbing to the horrible coldy/sinusesy bug. It's set off TMJ pain and a bit of a fibro flare. Meaning in short I'm in pain, miserable and generally not up to much at all... Of course it's today that:

~ We have a workman in fitting new extractor fans in order to help with the condensation issue we have - so currently doors and windows are open. Also means more dust and more barking from a grumpy Casey.

~ Tesco delivery is due between 2 and 3 and it's a big one as we'd run out of all the basics!

~ I'm picking up my friends children today as she is taking her Dad for a heart scan and then her aunts funeral on the cost, so she'll be a while due to traffic

~ Marc's trying to deal with the workman for me, but he's on a massive anxiety hangover after starting psychology sessions yesterday...

So I'm currently hiding under the hood of my hoodie in case anyone's looking for me...
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I can't even suggest taking the dogs out to get away, given the weather. Big hugs lovely xx
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (02-02-17)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Suzi, with all the love in the world, feck off before we get the kipper out. Drink plenty, keep as warm as you can and go rest as much as you can. We can cope!
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (02-02-17)

Actually dipping in here is helping and I've taken extra pain killers, but I can't see it being a late night tonight
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Good! I think Angie keeps a supply of kippers in the staff room if needed
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (02-02-17)

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    hot toddy and try and relax (I know its hard) take some piccies of the work and I can snag it for you its windy here up north and my work colleague is sneezing and coughing so I am keeping head down to try and prevent me getting the lurgy although admittingly my medication seems to stem me off from the worst of it and its possibly another alte one, project goes in friday and we find out if successfull on 20th and currently burried in door schedules for a primary while also creating favourites for company standards etc. Please rest an be good to yourself suzi and get rid of that lurgy!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarre For This Useful Post:

Suzi (02-02-17)

What a bummer!.....ok. Not much you can do about the workmen but Marc is there. If Casey has had a wee outside, then both of you go upstairs to your bedroom (if dogs allowed!) take a toddy like Jarre suggests, painkillers, sinus decongestant (can't remember name drop in to chemist), you have a couple of hours before school gets out so get under duvet away from draughts. Get a simple dinner for the kids..or order in KFC or Pizza. Marc can maybe run hoover over where extractors have been put in..better still the workmen can do it - keep out of their way! - forget any idea of doing housework..it ain't going anywhere! Children will help with Tesco delivery and put things away. Don't be swayed by them saying 'we don't know where they go!'...kids know where everything is when their hungry!! Never mind us..we can manage until you're properly better. Have a bit of dinner then go up to bed....dose yourself up, then prop yourself up in bed. Allow one of the older sprogs to make you a nice hot chocolate...then go bye byes.xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Suzi (02-02-17)

Hope you feel better soon
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (02-02-17)

OK friend has cancelled due to traffic they'd never get to the crem for the funeral.. Tesco has been and most of it is put away and workman has nearly finished..
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

How are you feeling now suzi? And how is the doggy?

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.