Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from West Midlands!

Not a million miles away from me. I'll get on it for you.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

Maybe contact your local MIND on 01952 588367 or talk2@telford-mind.co.uk
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

Why did your doctor just say to find something to help yourself? Did you tell them exactly how bad you were feeling?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I told him how I was feeling but he said he was limited on advice and support he could offer.

Could you get another appointment with a doctor who has a special interest in mental health?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Maybe I'll see if I can, I broke down again today cause of how rubbish my life is at the moment.

Sorry that things are still difficult for you. Definitely book another appointment with a different GP.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Definitely try to see another GP! They're there to help you, not to tell you to get on with it yourself! Have you tried MIND yet? They're a fantastic organisation, and you'll meet others who are in the same situation as yourself, and that can be half the battle, just knowing you're not alone. Do give it a go. Maybe a friend could go with you the first time.

Hi Jack,you have taken the first big step in admitting to yourself that you are depressed,keep asking here and you will gradually be able to talk to others especially a good doctor.I have just done a Let's Talk low mood course,it doesn't cost anything,you can self refer and I was the only female,I was surprised at how many young men were there.I found it very helpful.

Hi and welcome to the forum.