Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from West Midlands! *SU Trigger*

Hello from West Midlands! *SU Trigger*

Hi all,

I'm 21 and suffering badly with depression, since leaving college 3 years ago I have been unable to get a job anywhere, except working for a month for my sister's friends dad, I never have any money and no friends, I always get invited for a night out but cannot afford to and now it's come to the point where they just stop inviting me. I very rarely see them now cause of this.

I'm stuck at home everyday doing nothing and as I'm on Universal Credit I have to attend the job centre once a week, these only worsen my mood as they treat you like dirt and I often leave demoralised.

I have such low self esteem and feel like I'm going to burst out into tears 50% of the time, I don't know what to do anymore.

Just need advice
    Jack
    Last edited by Paula; 12-10-17 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added trigger warning as per DWD policy

Hi Jack and welcome to DWD. I'm sorry things aren't going well for you right now.
    Have you been to see your Dr and told them how you are feeling?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Hello Jack and welcome to DWD. I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. You didn't mention if you're taking any meds for your depression. I'm going to echo Suzi's suggestion of going to see your doctor. Are you living with family? If so, do they know that you're struggling? See your doctor and tell him/her what you've told us. There's help out there Jack. Make a docs appointment and see what they say..and be honest about how you feel. Keep posting and stay in touch, there's lots of us here to give you support.

Hi and welcome to DWD
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

Hi Jack and welcome. Has there been any plan put together to help you get work? Have you had any training/support in applying for jobs and having job interviews? Have you considered looking at further education? The Jobcentre should be helping you with Help to Work schemes and details can be found here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wo...yment-schemes/
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Hi all thanks for replies,

No but I may give my doctor a ring, I don't really tell my family as they don't properly understand what I'm going through.

The only meds I'm on are Lamotrogine for my epilepsy which I don't have anymore (Haven't had a fit in years!)

I'll get through it hopefully, just I don't really talk to anyone anymore in all honestly, I'm very isolated.

Maybe now you've found us that will change. You can talk here and know that we get it.
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

bluebeary (15-05-17)

Hi Jack.

I think that talking about it with someone is the right thing to do.
    I know it is not easy...

Have you considered talking with someone near you? Or your GP?

Absolutely agree, talking it through is only going to help in the long run lovely.. You don't have to be isolated.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

The problem is, if you aren't able to explain what you're going through, your family are never going to be able to understand. And I really would emphasise how important it is to see your dr
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

bluebeary (15-05-17),Trixi (11-09-17)