Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180
Results 1,791 to 1,799 of 1799

Thread: purple's paradox.

I had a fair number of Dinky toys when I was younger, can't remember what happened to them think mum gave them away.

Hope your modelling goes well Purple.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Most people do throw them but they become collectible especially anything pre 1950.
    Not started my model yet. Still doing tip run.

THE CHARACTER ROSE IN MY BOOK IS NOT RELATED IN ANYWAY TO OUR FORUM MEMBER ROSE
    We stand together.

I'm just back from run 1 to the tip and there was loads of seagulls flying round in a circle.
    I thought to myself, who threw them out?

We stand together.

Lol! Hope you are having a lovely afternoon!

Stella's Quiz Week 2, 12, 16, 17, 14, 27, 40 Winner
    Shared winner Week 11

My British Heart Foundation #mymarathon sponsorship page: CLICK HERE

It's hard to believe that seagulls are protected isn't it?....where there's rubbish there's seagulls. Did you do any modelling yesterday? Enjoy your butterfly making tonight.x

No modeling. Yesterday evening was spent at writing class and cataloging my toys. I think the most valuable toy i have is a 1940's Lone ranger and silver (still in box) It is made of led though but it is worth round about £2,000. Anything made in war time is valuable as they did not last long for obvious reasons. I also have a oddity, a nazi board game about running people out of town. It is devious the methods those Nazis used to get their ideology into their heads.
    Anyway, i am still reading the instruction sheet for my JU88 and i am going to use tamiya paints this time and A.K. True metal. A sort of wax based paint that is good for detailing things like fuel tanks and bombs etc. As the say in Russia. Must go get it. Moscow. Never mind.

We stand together.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

OldMike (Today)

Toys were made from lead and used lead based paints in days gone by. Lead isn't allowed in kids toys anymore due to Health & Safety, it's a wonder we survived playing with lead soldiers.

Purple I hope the new paints do the job and you get the detailing done.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I know and plastic is much more safer for the kiddies and the environment.

We stand together.

So, i was watching bargian hunt and i went through to the kitchen to make a bowl of soup for my lunch and i forgot to turn the TV off. On the news was a report about Grenfell towers public inquiry. Why do they have to show that awful photograph of the burnt out tower? We all know how horific it was and can you imagine what must be going through the minds of the people who survived and have to look at that!
    I understand that we have to report on such tragic events, but is it also a propriety to show the most horrible photographs of the aftermath as well? I really dont think i can watch the news for a while. I still get too upset when i see that awful photograph.

We stand together.