Page 2 of 195 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike's meanderings

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Morning Mike....well I would expect that you'll see the new year in at custard club with a glass of custard!...have a lovely time today.
    Hey lets not preempt the custard gods of fate as the auld axiom states do not count thy bowls of custard before thy's eaten them.

Mornin' Flo and may the gods of custard smile on thee.

Hi Purple winter pansies could be planted now, I've seen some in gardens and containers on my walks. Not sure the ideal time to plant them though.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

@Purple on the way to custard club I saw some containers with primulas in them so they should be okay in a window box at this time of year.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

purplefan (04-01-17)

Just back from Custard Club and guess what NO CUSTARD (as Flo would say WHAT A BUSTARD ).

Only 5 there what with people moving and apparently Lillian won't be coming to Custard Club again as she now lives further away. One of the Alices has moved so won't be here for a few weeks and June waited for a taxi which never turned up.

Luncheon was sausage, mash and mixed veggies and for pud 2 (that's two) profiteroles with chocolate sauce then everyone was asked if they wanted another profiterole everyone refused, so I stepped up to the oche and asked for another one so finished up eating 3 (that's three) profiteroles in total with lashings of chocolate sauce. Then there were mince pies but I was good and refused a pie (can't be greedy ).

Won a couple of games of Nominoes then walked the very long route home in the afternoon sun (45 minutes) too much noisy traffic on the roads but all in all a very good day.

WATCHA MEAN NO YELLOW NECTAR????.....profteroles...one of my favourites. I try not to buy them cos I can't leave them alone!!....what a kind considerate bloke you are offering to polish off the rest!.....so the members were thin on the ground? never mind. Easier to win at nominoes!...that was quite a walk home!....time to put your feet up now. You'll sleep like a baby tonight Mike...could never understand that saying...in my experience babies rarely sleep well during the night!

Talking of babies my sister told me this as mum had told her. Barbara my sister made a lot of noisy crying as a baby (I remember that) they used to take her on car rides or would rock her cot till it literally was falling apart to try and get her to sleep, whereas our Michael (me) was so quiet mum used to tickle him to see if I was still alive. I always was a quiet one.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    @Purple on the way to custard club I saw some containers with primulas in them so they should be okay in a window box at this time of year.
    many thanks mike. I have been meaning to start a window box for a while and i did start my garden but i hated it, so i though a window box might be a good project for me and Chloe.

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Mike I'm very sorry that there was no custard today. Are you going to make some for tomorrow before you go to bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    Talking of babies my sister told me this as mum had told her. Barbara my sister made a lot of noisy crying as a baby (I remember that) they used to take her on car rides or would rock her cot till it literally was falling apart to try and get her to sleep, whereas our Michael (me) was so quiet mum used to tickle him to see if I was still alive. I always was a quiet one.
    My .katie didn't sleep through the night til she was 6. I was very tired for a very long time
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Ben didn't sleep through for years - then we had night terrors, then more not sleeping.... I have a LOT of sleep to catch up on!

Glad it was a good day overall lovely!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Anyone watching a very British Brothal on channel 4? There is a bloke on it with a custard fetish. No i cant be our Mike, can it?

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.