Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Depressed boyfriend broke up w me *SU TRIGS*

Don't blame yourself for things going wrong!....there's no easy answer to depression. Just try and be patient and take each day as it comes.

Have you got any support to talk to about the way that things are for you?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Don't blame yourself for things going wrong!....there's no easy answer to depression. Just try and be patient and take each day as it comes.
    I'm trying to do that but each day I just keep going in my head "he gave up on me because I'm boring and uninteresting and and he was tired of me and I did everything wrong I should have worried less even if everyday he told me he wanted to kill himself". It is a very tiring way to live
    But I'm working on that, trying not to predict the future or get too anxious over the whole situation

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Have you got any support to talk to about the way that things are for you?
    At the moment I'm venting to my friends but I noticed some are kinda tired of listening to me. Which is fine, I'm very thankful for all the attention but I know that it tires people sometime. I'm gonna schedule an appointment with a therapist in january, december is an awful month to suffer with any kind of problem lol

It's so hard to listen when you don't know how to make it better or what to say when you feel so stupid saying "I'm so sorry" or some other platitude... I'm glad you're planning on getting help in the new year...
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

It was so hard standing by him but I thought I was doing ok. I used to ask how he was and if he said something completely nonsensical I would try and defy his logic - as a friend of mine (she graduated in psychology) told me to do. "Everybody hates me" "how do you know that?". I would also tell him everyday how important he was and how much I loved him and that I could drop everything and be by his side if he needed someone. I'm still trying to understand if this was the wrong thing to do

You can only do what you can do. There is no point in beating yourself up for doing or saying something when you genuinely believed that you were doing the right thing.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Telling him you love him isn't wrong, lovely. Whatever happens in the future, you did your best to help him
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

I really thought I was doing the best I could, I had never dedicated myself so much to something before. Right now he is barely talking to me, I ask how he is doing and he only says "i'm fine" and seem really averse about talking to me. Yesterday he complained on social network (twitter) that he was pushing himself away from everyone because nobody really cared about him. Should I keep asking him how he is doing or leave him alone (in regards to his depression)?

I can't tell you which way to go... I know with my husband I told him that I loved him and that we could get through it together and even through his worst breakdown it was very much like living without him I'm glad I stood there with him and did what I could to help him through it.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn