Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abuse **Triggers**

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    that video gave me even more respect for Patrick Stewart than I already had.

Awesome isn't it?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jarre (14-12-16)

I remember watching the episode of who do you thing you are when he learned about him father's 'shellshock' and it was interesting how his concept of his father changed knowing that it was an illness that brought about his volatile nature.

sorry i clicked on the wrong word. Opps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    Purple, you probably mean 'safely' rather than 'proudly' didn't you?
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

As i said jarre it was a honest mistake and i meant no offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarre View Post
    You have to understand Purple that it affects a person very deep down, that comment can be upsetting as what happens to them does control their life and how they act and they are a victim of that form of abuse, the word proud shouldn't even be there, they didn't choose to under go that form of abuse. A person can speak of surviving that abuse but its not something that can be felt as your statement portrays some form of juvilation, we know you didn't mean it, but the wording can be very upsetting to survivors as it downplays the whole thing.

I understand that Jaquaia and i am deeply sorry for upsetting you. My spell checker gives me a list of words, and i accidently clicked on th wrong one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    I think you've chosen the wrong word there PF. I don't proudly speak about my experiences at all. They are some of the most traumatic experiences I've had. I'm not proud of them, no one is proud of them. Most victims of these crimes feel deep shame. I know I do. And you know what? I am a victim. Speaking from my own experience, I had crimes commited against me. I am a victim of these crimes, just like someone who had their lights punched out would be a victim of assault. I rarely talk about it, even in the private sections I don't often talk about the abuse I've been put through.

What I should be proud of is living through my experiences and coming out the other side. Speaking about my experiences is incredibly hard and always will be, but I'm proud of being a survivor.

I am truly sorry for the wrong word i used on my post. I hope people do not think i used that word deliberately. It was a genuine mistake and i hope that you will forgive me for any offense.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I think we all know that you would not deliberately say anything to upset or cause offense. I do think however, that when posting on such a sensitive subject, it's wise to re-read what you've said a few times before posting. It's such an emotive subject and if you're lucky enough not to have any experience of it, I think it's hard to understand exactly how much it can affect people, itms?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

point taken Jaquaia. Once again truly sorry for the deep offense i caused.

I am closing this thread as we all know that this is a really emotive subject and that one of the issues with forums/text is that you can't see the person behind the words and it's not possible to sort out any miscommunication immediately.

I also know that Purplefan would never ever post something to offend or upset deliberately and I know he's really upset about any pain he's caused.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!