Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVLA

DVLA

So I'm finally getting around to sorting my driving license out after being advised not to drive on medical grounds due to having OSAS. Now that I have been treated I should be ok to drive again but have to notify DVLA if my condition. I don't have a car so I've not rushed to get it sorted but I'm wondering if I need to tick the mental health box as well? In the Your Health section of the form it states 'serious psychiatric illness or mental ill health'. I spoke with a GP previously about this and he said that he wouldn't consider contacting DVLA but online it lists depression as an illness that they should be notified about. But then is my depression considered 'serious'? The GP didn't think so but at the same time I receive PiP due to my mental health so it is serious enough to be seen as a disability. I'm totally confused. What should I do?
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

I told them. They were only interested in whether I took any meds that affected my concentration
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Looking closer it lists depression but then says if your condition affects your ability to drive. I suppose it can't hurt to cover my own ass and mention it as already have to contact them.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

That's why I told them - also told my insurance company if that helps
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Well it's not like I need my license cos no car.

Won't hurt to have it tho, in case of emergency/max related incidents

Well yeah that's true. Trouble is I'll have to let my sister know for insurance and she will start taking the again.

I wish I could say that wouldn't happen but ....

Just a thought. Get your license but don't get insured unless you have to use the car itms

Yeah if need to borrow it for a day I can get short term cover.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (17-11-16)