Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Emotional resiience and the impact of it's lack

Sometimes it's ok to procrastinate and it's ok to rest. But I think you're doing brilliantly
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

AndThisTooMustPass (03-07-17)

Hi all

Week 2 of my commitment to take at least one action or activity each day that is either constructive (in my interests), enjoyable or new. It's going well. Week nights were patchy but that is down to lack of sleep, sleeping in and starting and finishing work later, leaving little time for me. On the other hand, It's great that my job gives me the flexibility to manage when sleep isn't great. For the first time in ages I've had a really constructive weekend, actually addressing my priorities . Really chuffed with myself and feeling so much better for it. Even did a little hoovering when I got home yesterday. Which is a real change from how it has been recently.

I have also been aware of a massive change in the last few weeks. I have always struggled with identity and the concept of 'I'. What I want, what are my values, etc. Always felt like 'me' was a person hidden deeply and safely inside. With help from my therapist, being more open with others, dropping my masks where appropriate and getting in touch with my emotions seems to be changing that. I'm not sure what I am trying to express exactly but I feel much more present, I now feel like there is a 'me'. Still baby steps but wonderful progress all the same .

Hope all is good with everyone. Thanks for reading.

Well done lovely! You're doing great!

Stella's Quiz Week 2, 12, 16, 17, 14, 27, 40 Winner
    Shared winner Week 11

My British Heart Foundation #mymarathon sponsorship page: CLICK HERE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

AndThisTooMustPass (10-07-17)

Hi all

Another post of something I don't want to forget.

I've sort of realised in the last couple of days that I don't need to be scared of my feelings. I am not the person I was when they were overwhelming. I will not explode No one will explode at me I will not hit anyone No one will attack me I will not go crazy (we really, really need an emoticon for that hehe) and I won't be rejected for showing humanity. I will not lose myself; in fact I will gain myself.

Realising is one thing, accepting it will take longer but... progress!

That is such a powerful post! Thank you for sharing!

Stella's Quiz Week 2, 12, 16, 17, 14, 27, 40 Winner
    Shared winner Week 11

My British Heart Foundation #mymarathon sponsorship page: CLICK HERE

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

AndThisTooMustPass (15-07-17)