Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a bit of a confidence boost *trigger*

I thought that'd be a good thing
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

No. When they move mum and dad wont be able to afford the mortgage so theyll be moving to norfolk and ill have nowhere to live. I cant afford to find my own place, thats the only reason i havent yet.

Have you thought about renting somewhere? What about housing benefit?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Have you thought about renting somewhere? What about housing benefit?
    i can't aford to rent anywhere right now, even with housing benefit

Sorry if I'm teaching grandmother to suck eggs, but have you spoken to the council/housing authority?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Sorry if I'm teaching grandmother to suck eggs, but have you spoken to the council/housing authority?
    I'm not familiar with that phrase, but i like it.

I haven't yet, i'm going to try and get round to it tomorrow (got a to-do list as long as my arm, but it's second only to health related things).

I sat down and talked it over with my mum. it's just one viewing, and it's possible it's already gone. but if it's not they'll probably take it. it's not actually available until the end of the month and they haven't even had a response from the letting agency yet. it's a difficult one because sure, i was trying to move out anyway, but it's likely im going to have to give up on the volunteering now and get a full time job, which to a large extent closes a lot of doors career wise. I was talking to a friend whos now working in London and his advice was to just make myself available whenever the prganisations want me, but this is obviously mostly unfeasible. so i don't know what to do.

been getting the odd mouth ulcer and nosebleed from stress it seems.

Have you spoken to your Dr yet?

Are you planning on returning to uni as a student? If so, what about student accommodation?

Have you spoken to your Dr yet?

Are you planning on returning to uni as a student? If so, what about student accommodation?
    Got an appointment tomorrow morning.

Wont be going back to uni. Not for the time being at least.

Glad you have an appointent. Might help to write a bullet point list of what's going on for you - or print out some posts?

Glad you have an appointent. Might help to write a bullet point list of what's going on for you - or print out some posts?
    Yeah thats a good idea. Im seeing the same doctor i saw before so that should make things easier.

Also kum days she thinks shes come up with a way we can stay here for a little while after theyre gone. My rent would probably have to increase so uts not ideal, but i fuess itd do for the short term. I may have to look into taking a full time job in aomething unrelated to my field which feels like auch a wrong thing to do, but i guess needs must? I dont know. People tell me i have so many options right now but it feels like nothng could be further from the truth.