Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a bit of a confidence boost *trigger*

I dont want advice on this one. I dont even teally expect a reply. I just want to make the comment. Im trying really hard to be happy tonight. Really ing hard. But im just bummed out

Incidentally, i was thinking about telling my folks about how ive been feeling. But i wandered in on my mum watching easteners where one of the characters is basically falling apart because of his depression. And mums response was. "Man up, you were in the army for god sake". So obviously i cant say anything to them.

Maybe it's the reason why you should speak to them. It seems they don't understand the reality of depression and the impact it has on people so maybe you could educate them and get support cos there's a big difference shouting at a fictional character on tv and caring about a family members wellbeing.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

magie06 (01-01-17),Paula (01-01-17)

Awesome post from Stella.. I can't agree more!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

^^^wss
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yeah, i hear what you're saying, but I'm not sure. My uncle also has depression and they're the same with him. As far as they're concerned it's his fault and he's made himself that way. I mean they practically blame him for having early stage dementia for chrissake.

I'm not shooting down your suggestion, because in different circumstances i would probably agree, but i have no indication that it would be a good idea at the moment.

But you can't keep on as you are, can you? Something has to change surely?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scientist View Post
    I dont want advice on this one. I dont even teally expect a reply. I just want to make the comment. Im trying really hard to be happy tonight. Really ing hard. But im just bummed out
    Are you feeling any better today?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How are you ?

my brother has flat viewings lined up...