Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a bit of a confidence boost *trigger*

How often are you ringing to get an appt?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I went, i cried, i loved it.

Well done!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Highly recommended then?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Highly recommended then?
    Oh definitely! Its beautiful!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Scientist For This Useful Post:

Suzi (23-12-16)

I should probably try and spend less time on facebook in the new year. It just makes me sad too often. At the moment its a couples and babies extravaganza with extra helpings of "look who bought a house!". And uts not that im comparing as such, because i know my life isnt theres and nor should it be, but it just hits home that im not doing any of those things, and in the case of seeing couples i just get sad tha they found each other so easilywhile reminding me of how much ive been kicked around.

Incidentally, does anyone else get sudden moments of "im going to sort myself out" and start thinking about and listing all the ways youre going to do that, but then get anxious about the fact that youre not doing any of them? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scientist View Post
    in the case of seeing couples i just get sad tha they found each other so easilywhile reminding me of how much ive been kicked around.
    Sweetheart, nothing about relationships is straightforward and finding each other is seldom easy. Please don't romanticise this too much. Yes, if you truly find 'it', it's definitely worth it, but no relationship is uncomplicated

Sweetheart facebook is brilliant, but so dangerous too. All it shows is what people want you to see. It doesn't show that I spend hours crying or cleaning or any of the other stuff that is my day to day life.. It shows the Christmas tree, my children all smiling and not trying to kill each other, it says that all is fabulous... It doesn't show you the stress of DWP Tribunal papers or the case looming.... It's not what it seems love...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (26-12-16)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scientist View Post
    Incidentally, does anyone else get sudden moments of "im going to sort myself out" and start thinking about and listing all the ways youre going to do that, but then get anxious about the fact that youre not doing any of them? Or is it just me?
    No, it's not just you. I get that too but I want you to know that the lists and ways to sort yourself out are normal. It's part of the recovery, and it does no harm at all. But if the lists are making you anxious then try to break things down into smaller steps.