Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a bit of a confidence boost *trigger*

Really need to work on expanding my social circles

I've sent you some links which I hope might help...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

So hoint first on my list of priorities is new job and flat. Job will ptobably have to come first. I can manage just about on full time minimum wage if i live with someone, though who i would live with i have no idea. Obviously if i can find something a bit more at my level and for better money thats a marvellous bonus.

Need to get down the job centre/ring the RNIB about help with transport to/within work as a lot of the jobs im applying for want a drivers license which i cant get. It not integral to the job, but the locations can be pretty remote.

Can you look for people who want lodgers?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Definitely think about being a lodger or what about a house share?

Yeah I'll be looking into bith of those. Like i say, job needs to come first really. But for now i can at least afford to do christmas which cant br bad

Spent the last couple hours in bed crying. I just dont want to be here anymore. There are plenty of joba i could apply for, but i dont feel competent enough to be motivated to do it. And whenever i manage to, something comes up like the kids come round or someone demands something be done or theres just noise. And god forbid i ask people to be quiet. I already feel rmtrapped in the clutter of my family and my situation.

Are you able to contact the Samaritans?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Definitely see if you can contact the Samaritans or Calm or another helpline. Can you get a Dr's appointment?

I dont know if this would help or not but when i had a small business and would interview people there would be three main points i would look for in a candidate.
    1.neatness
    2. confidence
    3. communication skills,

When applying for a job those are the three main basic reasons why employers would employ someone. As well as the others skills like what sort of experience etc. If you get a bit of paper and write down your good attributes and ones you need to work on, then i am sure getting a job wont be hard.
    Your communication skills are first class, the way you come over on the forum and answer each question people put to you is really well thought out and you don't waffle.
    You do have a bit of a confidence problem but considering what you have been through that is to be expected. Try and work on being more positive about yourself when meeting people, i think you could get a job no problem if you set your mind to it. Hope things work out for you The-scientist. Enjoy Christmas and take it from there.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Flo (04-12-16),Paula (04-12-16),Suzi (04-12-16)