Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: I need a bit of a confidence boost *trigger*

I don’t know tbh and would recommend you talk to your GP just to check. Can you get a telephone consultation?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Remind me, what meds are you taking? You may have a blip later - remember that they don't work in the same was as something like paracetamol does..
    Im on citalopram. As it happens i have been feeling a littlw off the last couple of days.

How long have you been on them? Can you go back and speak to your GP and tell them what you are telling us?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

so ive been doing pretty ok lately, getting along fine. the only issue im still having is job applications. ive built the whole thing up in my mind and it just makes me really stressed and anxious to face doing it. but then if i dont do it, i also feel stessed and anxious. its just one of those things that has become really easy to get distracted from and to avoid. anyone got any tips to help with this?

Glad that other things have been going well.
    I've always found the best thing is to keep reminding yourself that you are good enough and maybe sit with a friend whilst you do it?
    Lovely to see you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

The_Scientist (20-01-18)

Hi Hunni, good to see you . Maybe it’ll help to take it in chunks eg complete one section then have a cuppa and a sit down, then go back for the next section? Or work on it for 10 minutes, leave it for 10 minutes etc?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

The_Scientist (20-01-18)

ill try these things, thanks will also be looking for podcasts to help

Good idea!

guess who went for a run last night!

Woohoo!! Well done