Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a bit of a confidence boost *trigger*

well, I'm low-key freaking out about the whole thing.

none of my family in the area are willing to put me up. no action has been taken against the savage that my sister is married to, and their moving date keeps getting pushed back. I'm still waiting to hear back from a bunch of things and it's driving me up the wall. the house sale is all going through at the moment so I'm currently debating wheher to just move with my parents and sleep on their sofa for a while, or try to find a flat share and just barely get by.

I've been having long periods of not really feeling anything, besides exhaustion, and I've been really ill lately too.

It's good to see you. Sorry things aren't going well for you right now. Are there flat share options around? In what way have you been ill?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    It's good to see you. Sorry things aren't going well for you right now. Are there flat share options around? In what way have you been ill?
    Im looking at flat shares at the moment, all pretty pricey thugh, doesnt leave me a lot at the end of the month. i cant get mor hours, ive checked, and if im going to be looking for another job id rather be looking for something more long term that will let me move away (which im doing anyway) rather than look for a second job just so that i can stay in the area until something else comes up. and ive jut been run down and tired, glands have been up and stuff like that.

I assume you're looking in the areas you want to move to as well? Tried things like linkedin?

I assume you're looking in the areas you want to move to as well? Tried things like linkedin?
    Im only looking locally at the moment so tht i dont have to give up my current job before i have something else. as far as jobs go, im keeping an eye out for anything im qualified for, but its a cae of as and when they appear. i did give linkedin a go, but couldnt really get on with it.

I assume there is a specific site to look for the jobs you are specifically looking for - as in for teaching jobs TES jobs is one of the best places to look...

I assume there is a specific site to look for the jobs you are specifically looking for - as in for teaching jobs TES jobs is one of the best places to look...
    theres actually a few, but theres one that i mainly use its tricky though, becaue im genuinely unsure if i should be applying for entry level or mid level jobs. i have an MSc, but dont really have any experience. im also really hoping to hear back about a PhD in partnership with the ARC trust. its so much my thing the apply button may as well have had my name on it.

When are you likely to hear about the PhD? Is that staying local to where you are now?

When are you likely to hear about the PhD? Is that staying local to where you are now?
    No, I'd be going back to Wales. I should hear in a week or 2.

In other news I've now been told I won't be allowed to see my nephew anymore when I've done nothing wrong, unless you count not cowering innthe face of bullying an harrassment.

I'm sorry about that... Can you wait for the dust to settle and asking again later?