Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a bit of a confidence boost *trigger*

That's fantastic about your voluntary work - what a cool thing to do

About your BIL..... what do you mean by brute oafishness? Is there perhaps any way you could spend some time with him and get to know him a bit better? Often I find misunderstandings between people lead to perceived issues that aren't really there
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hi lovely, it's good to hear from you. Glad that your mood is pretty good. Fantastic news about the volunteering - how cool is that? Birds of prey are awesome.
    Your poor brother in law -he must be feeling bad and your sister must be finding things tough coping with that and with a one year old! When are they moving in?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

They're starting to move in today and they'll probably spread that out over the week. I'm just trying to stay out of the way, partly to stay as unstressed as possible and partly so i dont get put upon as is the norm with my family.

It's really not a case of getting to know him. Theyve been married nearly 4 years so i know him plenty already. Hes just, well, stupid, and loud, and has all the subtlety of a sledge hammer. When he walks around upstairs, the lights shake, and he says hes just heavy footed, which, im sorry, is such a cop out. He starts wailing like a dying walrus at any hour of the day and calls it singing. Dont get me wrong, i sympathise and want him to be well, but im dubious about whether this is really the best solution, and im getting tired of living in a house that may as well have revolving doors fitted. And all this is before the kid moves in.

'The kid'??? That's how you refer to your nephew??
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    'The kid'??? That's how you refer to your nephew??
    I refer to him in many ways, does it matter?

Actually I'd have thought this is as much to help your sister as much as anything else. I think she must be worried sick. Maybe it'll help you having those others around too?

Yeah it'll help them. I dont begrudge them the space o anything, i just wish i didnt have to be here. I dont see how ivercrowding can be helpful to anyone

Parents have agrred that this was a bad idea, but im managing to not be woken up by the sproglet in the night/early morning anymore. Hiding upstairs helps.

I still cant handle evenings by myself.

How are you not being woken anymore? Are you spending time with them?

Im not apending loads of time with them but i entertain the boy a lot. Were not really a very "spending time together" kind of family. Im not being woken up because im.just sleeping through it.