Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a bit of a confidence boost *trigger*

But what are you doing to change things?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    But what are you doing to change things?
    This.

Nothing is going to change for the better all the while you're sitting at home doing nothing to help yourself. A lot of us here know what social anxiety means, inc me, and we know it's so hard to get out of the house and do something. Anything. But we do and that's what makes life with this illness more bearable.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Well obviously im not just sitting around the house doing nothing

UncleChip
    I've been reading back over the last few pages and I know what its like to wonder what I've done to make everyone hate me.
    I know what it's like to feel like everyone's judging me, and that I'm not worth the effort that others put into me.

Sometimes those thoughts come back to me.

You're not on your own in these thoughts. You can do great things.

You've been there for you family when they needed a place to stay. You do voluntary work. You are a good person.

All the people who've stood you up don't know what they're missing out on. Don't give up the search, but at the same time, keep trying new things.
    You will get there in the end.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to UncleChip For This Useful Post:

The_Scientist (25-04-17)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scientist View Post
    Well obviously im not just sitting around the house doing nothing
    So what are you doing?

he threatened me and told me to get out of my own home. and no ones done anyrhing about it. hes refused to sit down and discuss it or to apologise, and no ones done a damn thing. he has zero repect for anyone or anything. and now dad lost his job (not his fault) and so my folks are selling up and moving. im trying to find a new job, i really am, but no ones hiring in my field, and im barely qualified for anything else.

Sorry, who threatened you?
    Is there going to be a room for you when your parents move or are you needing to find somewhere else to live too? Could it be that your field is so niche that jobs hardly ever come up? Can you find something in a similar field and then move over as and when there is an opening?

Sorry for the slow response, its been insane.

My brother in law threatened me. Its a really stupid scenario, but his insistence on having a bath every day instead of a shower, in which he uses a showrrs worthof water before even running the bath to rinse the thing down, has led to my rent increasing. Im obviously not happy about this. He also expects thete to be deathoy silen e after 7pm and iv had a series of abusive texts from him over 2 or 3 months now. Iv finally had enough so when they asked me to turn my tv down this evening (which i had only turned up so i ciuld hear it above their tv), i refused because i still have never had an apology and decided i would not be bullied anymore. So of course i get anothet text, so ive decided im going to report him to the police. Hes overheard and come storming downstairs effing and blinding and generally trying to intimidate me, and i the ensuing argument in which i basically wasnt allowed to speak without being interrupted, mum ended up having a panic attack. Shes going to phone the housing officer (yeah, theres a housing officer involved now too) to get them put into temporary accomodation. Its unfortunate but hes brought it on himself. Still feel really down about the whole thing though.

As for the movng situation, im waiting to see if my brother can put me up so that i dont have to quit my job, butif that falls through my folks have said i can most likely stay with them for a time, though im not particularly cmfortable with that idea.its an option though. If worst comes to it a friend down south has offered to put me up. Im obviously still applyng for things.

I know it's been hard but it's really positive that you've got a few options going forward with somewhere to live
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Paula's right. The positives are there...