Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a bit of a confidence boost *trigger*

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    It's also a lot if you don't know that you'll enjoy it at all....
    There has to be something else you can do?
    I dont know, i really dont. I mean theres a conaervation group im going to volunteer sith down the road, but the likelihood is itll mostly be retired people with a ton of free time, which is fine in itself, but its not what i need.

Apologies, i cant type on my phone properly

PM me the area you live in, I'll see if I can come up with something else if you like?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

The_Scientist (09-11-16)

Thanks, I've messaged you

*sigh* very lonely atm. Given that even the cost of living ia easier if there are 2 of you, and with the current contwxt of pretty much everyone around me getting coypled up and married, and being winter and therecore a poor time for ecology jobs, im definitely feeling like everything is rigged against me.

I'm still on the case.. Have you thought about volunteering for a local wildlife sanctuary or similar? It's not exactly what you want to do, but it might help find new people?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It's a difficult cycle to break. You're lonely so need to find a way to meet new people. But your low self confidence makes that hard, which leads to more loneliness. I wish there was an easy answer lovely, really I do, but I don't think this is going to change unless you can find a way to push yourself out of your comfort zone. Big hugs
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I'm still on the case.. Have you thought about volunteering for a local wildlife sanctuary or similar? It's not exactly what you want to do, but it might help find new people?
    i did try getting in touch with one today but the contact details on the poster and website were wrong, the emails just came back unsent. i'll keep trying. difficulty is, my parents are expecting pretty much instant result, which i've tried to explain simply isnt going to happen but they wont hae it, because having not applied for a job in around 20 years and never having had to write a cover letter and barely having to go ear a cv, they simply have no clue how any of it works these days, and thats before you even get close to the sector im interested in. they've just decided that i'm lazy and making excuses and wont be told otherwise. i cant voice an opinion without being instantly dismissed and shouted down, while they can spew deluded right wing bile without a shred of logical thought or factual evidence, perish the thought. all the while my brothers succubus sits there making sarcastic comments that she thinks are witty and on point but are just idiotic. *sigh*

i've felt vaguely suicidal again recently. I'm gonna make an appointment on my next day off.

Lovely, I've added a trigger warning as you've mentioned suicidal thoughts

Thing is, you need to be contacting/applying to organisations constantly, pretty much daily, to get anything at the moment and need to keep your expectations as wide as possible
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.