Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My update

Hi. Been over two years since I completely came off the venlafaxine. After I last posted about my struggles withdrawing the doctor gave me gabapentin which I took whilst withdrawing and a few months after that. It was tough. Now apart from asthma meds and antihistamines the only tablet I take is amitriptyline 30mg. I've been struggling with stress/tension headaches and gp wanted me to avoid going back on antidepressants for now because I have been doing so much better. I would say now my anxiety is more of a problem than depression. I have a lot on my mind. Hence not being able to sleep tonight. Although I know things are so much better than before I know I still have many insecurities and low self esteem and low self worth. I don't like to burden anyone and although I do have friends and a supportive hubby I just feel like I can't talk to anyone about my feelings. People assume I am better so there is no need for anyone to really ask me how I am. In a way I feel quite alone with my feelings.

Hey you! Long time, no see. I'm sorry you're struggling, but it is lovely to see you!
    You aren't burdening when you talk about how things are for you.
    Have you not told your lovely husband what's going on?
    What's going on that you need to talk about?
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

I'm fine really. Just need to get my confidence up and stop worrying about what other people think about me all the time. My hubby knows I'm feeling a little stressed. He knows I worry alot. I'm finding my kids hard work at times even though I know they are really good kids. My oldest is turning into a teenager next week and at that stage that everything he says is right and doesn't like it if I tell him what to do. My daughter is also getting hormonal and becoming very aware of her self image. She takes ages getting ready for school and can't understand why it frustrates me because I don't want to be late for work. I unintentionally shout even though I try so hard not too. My hubby tells me to ignore them but I don't like rudeness. Hard to get the balance right. Sometimes I feel I can't do right.
    Anyway your kids must be all grown up now. How's it all going.

Have you thought of a family meeting and talking about this kind of thing with them? They are old enough to know that something causes you upset and old enough to know to stop.

Yes, I have one going into year 10, one into year 11 today and our eldest is off to uni in 10 days - but we have a transition day tomorrow!
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread