Thread: The Pill and Depression

The Pill and Depression

I saw this trending on my facebook today, it looks as if there is a slight connection between birth control pills and depression.
    http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-contr...pressionrisk#1

If you believe there is a link between the two for you, it's important that you don't just stop taking your medication. See your doctor first.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Suzi (04-10-16)

It absolutely has that impact on me - the last time I tried it for problems with ovulation, it took less than a month before I was seriously ill. So much so that my gynaecologist only reason for not giving me a hysterectomy 10 years ago was because they wouldn't give me hrt, which they insist on if you have a hysterectomy under 40
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

The thing is, I know that some Pills can to help, especially for people with Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD).
    So I think it's about understanding your medication and being aware of your needs and symptoms.
    I haven't taken the Pill for years.