Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: My Positive Days Post

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Got a huge amount done today although there seems to be a huge amount still to do!

Saw my GP this morning who gave me a med increase. She said that my dry mouth may be just one of those things that goes with getting older....
    Met up with Dad
    Saw my best friend for a coffee
    Sorted out and moved the art stuff with the lady who is helping with art class and arranged it into the new units I got from Ikea a week ago
    Took H up to Boots and went round Matalan. Bought some new socks (I have a thing about socks... I love them and they have to be RIGHT) and new slippers
    Walked the dog with H
    Set to and spent the evening tiding the upstairs studio (my den) and labelling boxes.

The den is still a mess but at least you can now see some carpet! I had hoped to get some clay recycled today but there just was not enough hours in the day!!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

Wow! You really do need to slow down lovely! Well done for sorting meds etc.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

The Gp read through the note I brought from the pdoc and said "so you are taking steps to take it a bit easier then". H and I looked at each other and laughed!

PS I need a clockwork mouse emoticon!!!

Thing is I do think that it depends on what you are doing too itms? It's important to rest and pace - but you are never going to be the sit down, do nothing but watch tv type of person and so I think that if you are sitting and drawing or making cards which is less strenuous than teaching or recycling clay then that's still "taking it easy Pen style"...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Pen (27-10-16)

You are who you are Pen!....if you can rest and create at the same time, then this is just you!.....I'm in 'slug mode' at the moment because of the weather so I'm knitting. When we have good days then it's clockwork mouse again and I start 'chucking' and am surrounded with black bin liners!....one day I'll have a 'happy medium'..but then that's me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Pen (27-10-16)

Ordered myself 4 books off Amazon this afternoon. I am treating them as a form of medication.... When I read fiction it is the only time I truly switch off. I have always been an avid reader and my family will tell you when I am in a book they could have a whole conversation around me and I would not hear a word. My reading had gone to pot when I was ill a few years back, I just could not concentrate but now its much better.
    Had a little bit of an annoyance this morning when a potential customer who had insisted last night that I find them a place as her BF wanted to go on the "spinny thing" for his birthday today failed to turn up to the special private lesson I had arranged for him.... Then I had three people who reserved places fail to turn up on the kids group as well.... But quite pleased tonight as I managed to repair the tape cassette in my labelling printer after the (very expensive) tape broke. Ah my misbegotten youth with music tapes paid off finally!!

I'm exactly the same with books, and devour them. Pure escapism
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

People not turning up is SO bloody rude!!!...but snap..I ordered 2 books off amazon yesterday....haven't been able to concentrate much for the past few weeks. I'm oblivious to anything around me when I'm well stuck in!!...love it..as Paula says..pure escapism, and it lowers blood pressure and slows breathing (of the anxious type)...so I'll definitely be in 'slug mode' when I get them. enjoy your reading!

I hope you'd taken payment or at least a deposit for those who didn't turn up?