Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: My Positive Days Post

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Yes I like that term as well. Woke up at 1 this morning and could not get back to sleep which is a worrying trend.

Just had a class of 8 kids. Felt like 80!!!
    Got another class starting in 10 minutes but H is going to take the first hour whilst I get some lunch.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

Glad you have got H helping out. Sounds like she's doing more and being more involved with the studio?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yes she is. I have just given her a pay rise.

I think it's brilliant!

Its unbelievable. A year ago she would not have been willing to stand in on a class, but she is slowly gaining confidence and provided that the group pretty much know what they are doing she is happier to supervise. She still hides when the kids groups run though!!!
    I have been looking at how I can build the business to be able to pay her a wage that would be more than just enhanced pocket money! She is only working for me for 10 hours a week I would like to make it a lot more. The only feasible way though is to run more courses. I am thinking in the next financial year I will buy two more wheels and run intensive throwing weekends for up to 4 people. I think I could squeeze 5 of these in on the weeks I am not running other courses and during the summer holidays I could offer 1 day taster sessions as well.
    I am also still thinking of adding a Saturday morning adults class which would generate a good chunk of money as well.

This all sounds great. You are so determined and you have built up an awesome business. I hope you take a moment, every so often, to look at what you have achieved and feel proud

I agree with Rose. Stop and look at how amazingly well you've done.

angeleyes
    It's so beautiful really. I even kinda envy you that you have such a creative job. I also dream of making a studio or something like that one day to teach kids pottery! Well done!!

Quote Originally Posted by angeleyes View Post
    It's so beautiful really. I even kinda envy you that you have such a creative job. I also dream of making a studio or something like that one day to teach kids pottery! Well done!!
    Keep the dream, you may make it come true one day
    I know I have the perfect life and job and in a way through my mental illness. If I had not become incapable of holding down my job in IT I would probably still be doing that!!

I think that's very true. I am so glad you've found your way to doing what you do. You bring smiles and pleasure to everyone rather than asking "have you turned it off and back on again?"