Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: My Positive Days Post

Sounds like you need a PA . Please try to rest tomorrow .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    I wish I could afford one!! H is taking a little of the admin off me, she is now responsible for doing the ordering of materials (she loves spending my money!!). I am hoping when she gets a new phone that I can get her to load the app I use on it which allows me to assign some of the jobs that need doing to another person. I could do it just by telling her but somehow if its still on my list I feel I have to do it.

I do want to rest tomorrow but I really will have to spend a few hours recycling clay so I have enough for the classes as well as stuff that is good enough to throw. I am wondering now how I got by without the pug mill to mix clay!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

Well today is going to be a big scary day.... Today is the first time I have ever taken my work to be considered for sale in a gallery....

Thinking of you! Hope it goes well lovely!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

. Your work is stunning, I'm sure they'll love it
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

They will take it on a sale or return basis, with 30% commission. That is a standard deal for artwork generally so I am quite happy. Now have to get a catalogue together with prices and an agreement to them and then they will have them in the shop for 6 months over the summer.
    I did a bit of foot research whilst I was there. There is another gallery about 100 yrds along the road. However it is packed from floor to ceiling with stuff. There is so much stuff in there that you would struggle to compete. Plus no one mans the shop so you have to ring a bell if you want to buy anything. I felt that buyers would be put off a lot of the time by the overwhelming of senses!! My sculptures would have a light airy space on glass shelves which would show them off well in the pier shop.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Suzi (30-01-17)

I hope you get on very well at the gallery Pen. Thinking of you.

Sounds wonderful, well done

Well I wont be doing the clay recycling! I went out to do so and thought "first I will just clean the stuck glaze off the shelf as that is sharp and may hurt someone. I chip some off and then STUPIDLY ran my fingers over the glaze remaining to see how sharp it was. The answer was VERY!! H has steri stripped up the cuts and plastered them but there is no way I can go near wet clay!! For a brief moment I did wonder if I would have to go down the hospital....

Ouch!! Very sore. Take care of your self for the rest of the evening. Have you an out of hours doctor's service if you think you need it?